Watch Dogs Optimization XML

Discussion in 'Game Tweaks and Modifications' started by mkeezay29, Jun 21, 2014.

1. mkeezay29

mkeezay29 Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 760 4GB
    Watch Dogs Optimization XML - UPDATED JUNE 26/2014

UPDATE June 26th

Easy Installer is finished and has the option to change the resolution

DOWNLOAD HERE

June 26th Changelog:

Wind Force increased in the whole world not just for trees and grass
    Maximum # of dynamic breakable objects decreased
    Minor value changes
    Removed Ultimate file as it was kind of the opposite of what this is for - EDIT: Ultimate re-added for those with very high end rigs
    Fog Density improved
    Terrain detail distance improved
    Small FPS increase over the last version
    changed wind direction (next going to try and make variable wind directions)

This set of presets can be used with theworse mod 0.7 and 0.8, it's been tested on 0.7 and 0.8, it can also be used with any other mod that has a Patch.dat/.fat file.
    This XML can be used with the original and updated game, tested on Uplay also.

Instructions
    Place the gamerprofile.xml file in documents\mygames\watch_dogs\XXXXXX\gamerprofile.xml, just replace gamerprofile.xml, do not go into options in game or it will erase the Xml files contents and make it default again.

Aside from optimization I also made the trees and grass blow in the wind more, it is The Windy City after all, I also made daytime reflections higher which makes roads and building exteriors look more sun drenched.

Big thanks to Bilago for making the installer

Added a new Patch.dat and Patch.fat file that removes the DoF, this patch.dat can only be used with TheWorse 0.7 mod,
    I can't upload a 1.3 GB file which is how big the new patch.dat is in TheWorse 0.8.
    Thanks to Old_Gooseberry for help with the dat file

LIST OF OPTIMIZATIONS
    (Some of These Don't Apply to Ultra Setting XMLs and in Ultimate setting lots are increased like particle density and respawn times are shortened, the Ultimate GamerProfile.xml probably isn't for most people, unless you have a few 780s in your rig.

all the main settings for each xml are the same as the xml version (Ultra textures, lighting etc. for the Ultra GamerProfile.xml, except for roads which are "pc" in Ultra and "console" in Medium and Low.

The Following are changes to values that represent in game assets like lighting and tessellation, lots of these values like "decals" can be lowered for a performance boost without making a very noticeable difference visually.

This can be used with the E3 bloom mod and still give quite a performance boost.

Values Changed
    Rain density (Values Decreased)
    Particle Uniform Fog Density Factor (Values Decreased)
    Ambiance Particles Delay Before Respawn (Values Increased)
    Ambiance Particles Delay Before Destroy (Values Decreased
    Max Tessellation Factor Per Screen Space Unit (Values Decreased
    Max Tessellation Factor (Values Decreased)
    FSM Shadow Range (Values Decreased)
    FSM Shadow Quality (Values Decreased)
    Water Reflection Quality (Values Decreased)
    NEW Shadow Map Size (2560 on Medium and Low, 5120 on High and Ultra)
    NEW Cascaded Shadow Map Size (2560 on Medium and Low, 5120 on High and Ultra)
    NEW Rain Shadow Map Size (512 on Medium and Low, 1024 on High and Ultra)
    Reflection Texture Size X (1024 on Medium and Low, 2048 on High and Ultra)
    Reflection Texture Size Y (1024 on Medium and Low, 2048 on High and Ultra)
    Terrain Detail View Distance (Values Decreased)
    Terrain Detail Blend View Distance (Values Decreased)
    Real Tree Caps Max Distance (Values Decreased)
    Max Decal Count (Values Decreased)
    Max Decal Count Per Type (Values Decreased)
    Particles Max Num Lights (Values Decreased)

These files are working very well now
    XML downloads, Ultra, High, Medium, and Low settings included, thank bilago for the better ad free link

Easy Installer Download

File Package .Zip Download

VIDEO GRASS BLOWING
    http://videobam.com/gVtks

SCREENSHOTS

Everything maxed 1080p
    Was using the free version of fraps so they are big BMP files
    http://www.megafileupload.com/en/file/544048/watch-dogs-2014-06-22-17-08-26-24-bmp.html

http://www.megafileupload.com/en/file/544047/watch-dogs-2014-06-22-17-08-53-87-bmp.html

http://www.megafileupload.com/en/file/544052/watch-dogs-2014-06-22-17-08-36-89-bmp.html

http://www.megafileupload.com/en/file/544053/watch-dogs-2014-06-22-17-05-11-12-bmp.html

Mostly High, some Ultra Settings for Under 2GB Vram

http://s1252.photobucket.com/user/m...dogs2014-06-2102-22-21-22_zpsf93f65f7.png.htm

http://s1252.photobucket.com/user/m...ogs2014-06-2102-24-18-07_zpsa965087e.png.html

http://s1252.photobucket.com/user/m...ogs2014-06-2102-26-43-48_zps486e44fb.png.html

http://s1252.photobucket.com/user/m...2102-29-05-87_zps7cca4a94.png.html?sort=3&o=3

http://s1252.photobucket.com/user/m...2102-31-27-90_zps948174d2.png.html?sort=3&o=2

Last edited: Jun 28, 2014
  2. nanogenesis

nanogenesis Guest

GPU:
    MSI R9 390X 1178|6350
    Is there a way to make it rain 24/7 or increase the intensity of rains?

Rains reduces the horrible shadows the sun casts over everything, I like it.

3. RavionHD

RavionHD Guest

GPU:
    HD7870
    Does it improve the graphics?

4. mkeezay29

mkeezay29 Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 760 4GB
    You can increase the density of raindrops but I don't know how to make it rain all day, I can make the raindrops insanely dense if you want, I will try to make it rain 24/7 too, my main goal here was just to optimize the game by reducing the numerical value of many things by tiny amounts, so things like decals or rain density are slightly lower, I expected a small boost in performance but it turned out a lot better than i thought.

I forgot to add both files earlier, here are both Ultra and High XML files

Easy Installer Download

No it looks pretty much the same as the E3 mods being used now, this was purely an attempt to optimize the game and it ended up working out really well, now you can enjoy the E3 effects and get a performance boost, for me and the people who tested it with last night it ran better than vanilla WD.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2014

5. nanogenesis

nanogenesis Guest

GPU:
    MSI R9 390X 1178|6350
    Thanks for your effort.

While the game somewhat runs good on my 760(s), I would like to get it running on my 560Ti(s) with 1Gb vram as well.

6. mladen273

mladen273 Guest

GPU:
    R9 290x Corssfire
    Where I must put this file, witch folder?

7. mkeezay29

mkeezay29 Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 760 4GB
    Try this one for your 560Ti setup - http://www.mediafire.com/download/4z31a0t0ipgp48dl

I will add a Medium settings one in a bit, I'm going to play with some values in patch.dat to see if I can optimize those more as well.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2014
  8. mkeezay29

mkeezay29 Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 760 4GB
    Put it in Documents\MyGames\Watch Dogs\xxxxxxxxxx\gamerprofile.xml
    Just replace gamerprofile.xml, you need patch.dat and patch.fat in your data_win64 folder for it to work

9. fluidz

fluidz Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia Rtx 4080
    removed

10. gerardfraser

gerardfraser Guest

GPU:
    R9 290 Crossfire
    Only tried your ultra Gamerprofile on a single R9 290 .Works great no stutter for me.You have some huge numbers in the gamerprofile.
    Shadow distance is really good,some minor object popping but as good as Vanilla game and not noticeable unless your looking for it.
    I am running sweetfx and ,dofmod and other things but works great.
    Thank you for sharing.

11. mkeezay29

mkeezay29 Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 760 4GB
    Glad you like it,, I could whip up another copy with some greater draw distances if you want, should help with pop in while driving fast, I'm guessing that's when the pop in is happening.

12. gerardfraser

gerardfraser Guest

GPU:
    R9 290 Crossfire
    Its OK I can do my own,just giving you some feedback.It all good.

13. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    How many Watch Dogs XML threads do we need?

14. mkeezay29

mkeezay29 Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 760 4GB
    Yeh I figured you knew what to do if you had been looking at the xml, one thing I would suggest is you turn up the wind values, on foliage especially there is a minimum and maximum value, put them up considerably to make it nice and windy, makes the trees swaying look great

Well this xml is made especially for optimization which is why I put it in a thread of it's own, I tested it with about ten other people the night before I put it on here and all of them reported a performance boost, and considerably less stuttering, I thought I would share it to make the game playable for some people, I'm sorry if that offends you.

15. nanogenesis

nanogenesis Guest

GPU:
    MSI R9 390X 1178|6350
    Thanks, runs well on 560Ti, but has random stutters, when I suddenly pan the camera after a very long drive, other than that it works fine.

Thanks again for your effort!

16. mkeezay29

mkeezay29 Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 760 4GB
    Glad it helped, I'm going to do one with medium settings but lower values on demanding effects like rain density, draw distances and decals mostly, also going to try and do different texture map sizes on shadows and see how much of a performance boost that gives, if all goes well I will upload it tonight, it should run better on your setup.

17. finite

finite Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia/3gb
    I have tried using your XML however watch dogs keep reverting it back to normal.. doing my head in.

18. bilago

bilago Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia 660GTX
    This is because the author didnt check the integrity of the XML files he uploaded. THere is a missing quote on line 222 which kills the XML file.

Edit the XML with notepad and search for:

MaxTessellationFactor="10 />

and replace with :

MaxTessellationFactor="10" />

19. finite

finite Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia/3gb
    thanks

thank alot

20. mkeezay29

mkeezay29 Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 760 4GB
    Sorry that happened when I was editing the tessellation factor to see how it affected performance, I have re-uploaded all files fixed

Easy Installer Download

Last edited: Jun 26, 2014