Project Venom

Discussion in 'Die-hard Overclocking & Case Modifications' started by AzzKickr, Jul 21, 2015.

1. AzzKickr

AzzKickr Guest

GPU:
    Vega64
    Hi peepz,

After having build and owned soo many cool stuff in the last 20 years, I tought I might share something now. I don't share my creations too much just because it usually takes up too much time to post it (taking pictures, uploading, typing, blahblahblah) haha :)

But this time I'll make an exception because it's a little bit different.

I wanted to have a system that's hooked up to both of the flatscreens (the one downstairs and the one upstairs) and drives the home surround set. This way I could enjoy music, movies, gaming, etc. all from the comfort of my sofa (or couch, depending where you're from :p )
    At the same time I needed a mood setter. Something that glows nice for atmosphere and is nice to look at. I remembered Lian-Li and their spider ITX chassis from a few years back and so my adventure began.

After weeks of searching, I managed to score one of (if not thé) last one in Europe. A Norwegian hardware shop had one left on the shelve and it was even the black version !! :banana: I was able to persuade them to ship it to Belgium and started building. And thus is how project "Venom" came to life.

Venom is a Lian-Li T1 Spider chassis in black, with my own custom UV paintbrush touches added.
    It houses a Gigabyte motherboard with an AMD A8 APU.
    I run 2 modules of Avexir DDR3-2133 on it, the green ones with strobe lighting effects.
    Venom also has green led eyes.

This is what it looks like so far. The idea is to have a fully custom cage with glass windows and UV lighting. To top it off, I'll be adding fake plants and rocks and other stuff to make it as real as it gets. It could serve as an actual reptile cage :)

2. AzzKickr

AzzKickr Guest

GPU:
    Vega64
  3. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Damn, AzzKickr that looks so cool. :D

4. AzzKickr

AzzKickr Guest

GPU:
    Vega64
    Thx !

I upgraded the cooling too in the meantime, as you can tell by the pics. The stock fan is barely able to cool it, AMD should have really reconsidered that solution.
    The Scythe Kodati is doing a much better job, although it required some modifications to make it fit.