new driver W10 update 353.54

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by chuchicoupe, Jul 22, 2015.

1. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Getting worse performance in Wolfenstein Old Blood with these. .30 was fine both on 8.1 and 10.

2. blackroseMD1

blackroseMD1 Active Member

GPU:
    ROG Strix 4090 OC
    SLI is working fine here with my 970s. In fact, these new drivers finally allow me to run my cards at the stock factory OC without causing lockups.

3. stat1cx

stat1cx Guest

GPU:
    MSI R9 390 GAMING 8G
    Cant get SLI working, when i enable SLI my PC freezes, no metter what drivers i try.

4. jonaand

jonaand Member Guru

GPU:
    gtx 1080
    i'm having problem runtime broker when use firefox

i.imgur.com/nJ5ciFL.jpg
    i.imgur.com/74vtAzg.jpg
    i.imgur.com/9OpfBIy.jpg

say memory is not enough, but have 24gb ram
    anyone is having problem with firefox?

thanks

5. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Works fine for me. Have you tried 64bit version?

6. Annihlist

Annihlist Active Member

GPU:
    680 gtx SLI
    Had to reinstall this driver via the setup executable. Initial install removed one of my 680gtx cards from my SLI setup. It appeared alright when I restarted however there was about a 2 minute hang on shut down of PC. I only experienced this behavior after the driver install. Re-installing the driver fixed the shutdown hang issue.

7. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    I get the multi-monitor stuttering with this driver too. Annoying.

8. Zolutar

Zolutar Guest

GPU:
    Asus 670GTX sli
    Damn, the TDR's returned...*sigh*

9. dsbig

dsbig Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070
  10. bishi

bishi Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 SLI

11. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
  12. RamGuy

RamGuy Master Guru

GPU:
    nVIDIA GeForce GTX 580
    Why are all these drivers pretty much useless with SLI? Decided to move from Windows 8.1 Pro to Windows 10 Pro 10240 and everything is working out perfectly besides these NVIDIA drivers..

Heck, even my Creative Titanium HD drivers that I was told would never work until Creative updates them, which would be October at the earliest is working just as good as they did with Windows 8.1.

But I've been through four different NVIDIA drivers and they have all been horrible. The latest one does seem to work if I have SLI disabled, that is an improvement over the pervious one which has UI glitches all-over-the-place within Windows 10 and stuttering when playing video and whatnot with and without SLI.

But enabling SLI is still a big no-no with this driver as well. UI is starting to glitch, having slow-downs, secondary monitor starts to behave funny and games are not working at all with SLI enabled..

13. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    The forced update makes it worse. This set didn't play well with Wolfenstein and that game doesn't like multi monitor. Maybe it has something to do with the multi monitor stutter Denial mentioned. A new driver is expected soon so I'll bear this one a few more days :-/ I read a Gizmodo blog about the Win10 upgrade and the author also had video issues (intel) thanks to the forced upgrade. Sweet.

14. blackroseMD1

blackroseMD1 Active Member

GPU:
    ROG Strix 4090 OC
    That's odd, man. I haven't had SLI issues since some of the early W10 drivers. Of course, up until this current driver, I had to keep my cards underclocked by 50Mhz or I'd get lockups in gaming. That's been fixed in 353.54 though.

15. ColdFlo

ColdFlo Guest

GPU:
    EVGA780ACXSCMSI780GMSI680
    Dude this driver is **** stain x **** stain. It keeps freezing on me and then when I kill the process the process doesnt die and this is locked in task manager and keeps an overlay on the screen screwing it up. The drivers before this were far better and now its some forced driver again.... Please tell microsoft to stop forcing this stuff and update windows update cause this is getting horrible now. Frankly I'm already tired of dealing with this and I was in a 4 hour game that froze the weirdest I've ever seen and it was impossible to make the processes close. Really ManuelG you guys at nvidia need to tell ms to change this driver forcing stuff its horrible and the drivers you are releasing are really bad all the sudden and far slower than the ones released previously. 353.54 is slower and framey and laggy its just utter sheeeeaaaat.

Frankly I think the fastest Win 10 driver is 353.17 I was ripping through people in CSGO like the firerate and movement were both slightly increased. Yeah just reinstalled them waiting to tweak my manage 3d settings which the menu always lags now so I can get back in game report if they are faster. 353.30 354.49 353.50 and 353.54 were all slower and .54 was the slowest of them all 353.50 was an icafe driver for mobile gpus and shouldnt have even been on windows update why that was selected for wu was probably some joke over at nvidia. Just win + r services.msc enter then disable windows update unless it has something you need but your probably going to have to DDU the forced driver and go back to something good. Yeah 353.17 is superior to everything after it. Really its like a turbo driver but alt tabbing is still bugged.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2015

16. Vehicon

Vehicon Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 970
    Not a fan of these drivers at all. I keep dropping to desktop for a split sec, and then back to the game. Doesn't happen during all games, but so far, Wargame and TF2 seem to do it.

17. siriq

siriq Guest

GPU:
    Evga GTX 570 Classified
    Well, so far i had zero issues , not even with performance. Just waiting for true Fermi DX 12 driver :D

18. fluidz

fluidz Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia Rtx 4080
    Since these drivers were installed.

F1 2015, whilst racing then pausing to go to settings, changing res from default to 1440p causes a tdr here. Driver stopped responding message in task tray, game crashes.

However changing it in the Main Menu before starting a race is all fine, no tdr .

Can replicate it over and over.

Cannot find anything in the event logs! Usually it's a forwarded event.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2015
  19. Spets

Spets Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    No issues here, mainly been playing cs:go and Witcher 3.

20. zimzoid

zimzoid Guest

GPU:
    2xEVGA980TiSC+(H20) Swift
    Working and looking great here, the first driver for me that doesn't cause ctd in games.