XP32 and XP64 patchscript for FireGL and FirePRO (driver 8.44 and higher)

Discussion in 'RivaTuner Advanced Discussion forum' started by gellmar, Oct 3, 2008.

1. kilema

kilema Master Guru

GPU:
    3870x2 @ V7700-XP64-8.633
    i am not expecting the crossfire to work, but i am hoping either gellmar or wesley8 will have a driver for the 3xxx series for the vista64 or win7-64.. cause they only did one for the 4xxx series.

2. Cubitus

Cubitus Member

Is there any step by step reading for modifying a Mobility HD4530?

it is based in RV710 , Device ID 9553.

3. CADCAT

CADCAT Guest

GPU:
    Mobility HD5870 1GB GDDR5
    @kilema

As I said a couple of times, Wesleys driver worked for me with HD3870 and Windows 7 x64 but don't ask me which post, I can only upload the modified ati2mtag.sy_ which you can put in the original driver..

Crossfire may work out of the box with the 8.633 driver and HD3870 CF or X2, but I cannot test as I have only one HD3870 card and mixed CF doesn't work.. Did you test it?

@Cubitus

There are several tutorials around here and I also posted a step by step reading.. Maybe we should write some information together and edit the first post (or make a new thread), as there are allways the same questions here..

1. copy patch script to notepad and save as *.rts
    2. install RivaTuner
    3. unpack FirePro driver (8.633 is newest modable)
    4. start *.rts -> Rivatuner should open -> patch ati2mtag.sy_ (search in driver folder) -> you should get ati2mtag.sys
    5. go to cmd and navigate to the path where the resulting ati2mtag.sys is located and type "makecab ati2mtag.sys" -> you should get new ati2mtag.sy_
    6. overwrite original ati2mtag.sy_ with new one..
    7. go to *.inf (don't know exact name, the one with the DEV IDs) and make a new line or change the device ID of an existing line which is compatible to your card, I think RV730..

This should be the shortest way and worked for me with every 2/3/4xxx card tested..

I will write a better tutorial later, going to lunch now ;)

greetz

4. kilema

kilema Master Guru

GPU:
    3870x2 @ V7700-XP64-8.633
    At least the xp64 one from gellmar doesn't work, the only vista64 or win7-64 driver I found from this post is for 4xxx series, I attempted to put it into vista64 by modding the device id in the inf file but it failed, I am still waiting for win7 support for solidworks so I can't make the jump right now, but if you do have one that works for a 3870, perhaps I can use that and try it on my 3870x2. Can you email that to me ? i will PM you with my email address after this post. I ain't really looking into enabling crossfire performance with my cards, even (1) 3870 modded to firegl 7700 is already good enough for Solidworks.

Kile

5. CADCAT

CADCAT Guest

GPU:
    No problem, I will send it to you tomorrow..

greetz

6. Johnpv

Johnpv Member

GPU:
    HD4870
    Cadcat, are those VBO options only on the FireGL version of the drivers? I was never able to get Wesley's win 7x64 drivers to actually install and read as FireGL drivers, every time I tried it always stayed as a Radeon. I noticed you mention Catia, but do you use Maya at all by chance?

I'm running a 4870 under 7x64, and I'd love to get a little bit more ummf out of it. I just wonder how CPU limited I am, since I'm only on a C2D E6600.

7. CADCAT

CADCAT Guest

GPU:
    Hi, VBO is an OpenGL feature which works also with Radeon driver, but the activation depends on the software you are using.. In CATIA I have to manually activate it..

Here is the link to Wesley8's driver, which works for me with XFX HD4890, I think you have to turn off force driver signature by pressing F8 (and choosing this option) before each boot.. (or turn it off permanently, but dunno how..) Also you maybe need to add your Device ID to the inf.. I tested this driver with Mobility HD2700, HD3870 and HD4890..

[​IMG]

Performance under Windows 7 is a bit lower, on XP 64 I get a score around 56,6 but this a problem related to Windows 7 and OpenGL..

Have Fun everyone..

8. Cubitus

Cubitus Member

Thanks Cadcat i'll try it in next weekend and will benchmark.

9. Gabo

Gabo Member

GPU:
    MSI geforce4 ti4800se
    Hi!
    Can I use these scripts with a x1600 pro? (xp64)
    Thanks in advance?

10. maxpoz

maxpoz Active Member

GPU:
    Ati X1600
    Who could rewrite a orderly new post with procedures for x64 and Vista / seven (separately)?
    this is a long and confused post, for a non-English language, it is really hard to understand

Thanks

11. terrablader

terrablader Master Guru

GPU:
    HD4870,HD2900XT,HD4350
    512MB3 ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4570? Laptop time?

512MB3 ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4570

I was thinking to buy a laptop and mod the card is this going to mod ok being a mobility series?

Thanks

Last edited: Dec 12, 2009
  12. CADCAT

CADCAT Guest

GPU:
    No problems here with Mobility HD2700...

13. jaymacca

jaymacca Member

GPU:
    Nvidea 9800 GX2
    Has anyone tried to patch a Radeon HD 5870 (mobility or desktop model) into a firepro 8700 as there is no firepro yet for the RV840 chip?

14. Mozaik

Mozaik Banned

GPU:
    Giga gtx 470@800
    I think that the patches will be an option after ati release the fire pro cards and drivers.
    Hopefully the 5xxx series will be modable.

15. terrablader

terrablader Master Guru

GPU:
    HD4870,HD2900XT,HD4350
    HD4870 1.24GB (8700 or 7750, or 7700) ?

does it matter which it is modded to?

which one should i use for this card if any?

windows64 xp, with 8.634 AMD xp64 drivers.

thanks!

16. CADCAT

CADCAT Guest

GPU:
    HD4870 is FirePro V8700..

17. terrablader

terrablader Master Guru

GPU:
    HD4870,HD2900XT,HD4350
    thanks for your patience CATCAT as usual to my rescue.:infinity:

18. CADCAT

CADCAT Guest

GPU:
    you're welcome :infinity:

19. terrablader

terrablader Master Guru

GPU:
    HD4870,HD2900XT,HD4350
    4870 Does not seem to mod right win64

I have tried the last to patch scripts but found the 4870 is not modding properly, my 2900 is modding very well.

I am getting a sea of little traingles around the parts in SW, it goes away with redraw command but still its not a good sign.

Just thought would update on that. any suggestions appreciated.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2010
  20. CADCAT

CADCAT Guest

GPU:
    Did you take gellmar or schoko script? I don't think the problem is related to the patchscript, maybe the driver version does not work properly with SW or vice versa.. I'm using the newest schoko script and no problems with CATIA (also newest version), maybe I could test Solid Works 2008 as we have it on another Workstation but I'm not at work for the next few weeks.. You could also check the driver changelogs to see if there are known problems or if they are fixed in the newest driver version (no patchscript yet :()..