AMD Catalyst 14.x BETA (14.300.1005.0 August 27)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by asder00, Sep 3, 2014.

Tags:
  1. DiceAir

DiceAir Maha Guru

GPU:
    Galax 980 ti HOF
    I hate it when people talk about how good stuff is and then take ages to release. Dice doing the same for BF4 with the new patch and I have something from local supplier that's also awaiting arrival and some minor issues preventingme from getting my product

2. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    Here is the AMD Official Beta Link http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/desktop-apu-catalyst-software.aspx

The Guru3D link is a MIRROR.

Why is that relevant? my comment was about hyperbole. People saying things are "Broken" when a handful of people have issues.

Again, why is this relevent?

So? Sam has posted that in a bunch of forums, of course hes not going to comment on unreleased drivers.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2014
  3. ravaged

ravaged Guest

GPU:
    ASUS 2080 Super
    These give me a minor bump in frames. Decent driver over the 14.8's they released.

Thanks for modding them.

And yes, the 14.8's were released so can we stop pretending they weren't, thanks? It's extremely childish and misleading.

4. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    Yes, a mirror with a changed name of an mirrored item.

Which is an APU driver, that understandably enough is not listed when searching for desktop driver on AMD webpages.
    So no, it's not even an official Desktop Graphics Beta, let alone WHQL.

WHQL that someone arbitrarily added to that same APU driver suit and out of the blue decided to call it AMD Catalyst 14.8 WHQL

5. asder00

asder00 Don Di Driver

GPU:
    RX VEGA 64 Liquid
    That driver is WHQL and named 14.8 (HKR,, Catalyst_Version,,"14.8") it supports not only apu but desktop and mobile cards too, it comes directly from amd so please arguing about it.

6. David Ryder

David Ryder Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 ti SC ACX2
    Let's focus on anticipating the next major driver update.

7. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    It's not even on AMD list of desktop Betas.

It got WHQL qualification for what products?

8. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AsRock RX 6700XT
    For all the supported ones.

9. Cybermax

Cybermax Guest

Did not get those to work with my R9 270x for some reason. No card detected, so my hardware id is not in the inf.

10. Pestul

Pestul Active Member

GPU:
    Zotac 970
    These are the best drivers I've ever used with my ancient 5850 setup.. it's a shame that CCC keeps closing with the 'catalyst control center host application has stopped working' error. I've tried all the solutions I could find online (CCC.exe in compatibility mode for Windows 7, Hide your user folder and then unhide it etc.). This is the first driver beta or otherwise I have had this error with. I'm on Windows 8.1 Pro x64 btw.

Any other ideas?

11. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    did you use DDU to uninstall?

12. Pestul

Pestul Active Member

GPU:
    Zotac 970
    I did.. was that bad? I ran it in Safe Mode and also told it to delete the C:\AMD folder etc. I haven't had any problems with it thus far.

CCC will work for a while and then randomly crap out with that host application warning.

EDIT: I'm starting to wonder if it may be Windows Update-related again. It wouldn't surprise me. I see there was a couple of .net framework security updates a couple of weeks ago. I guess the only way to know would be to try an older driver.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2014
  13. Pestul

Pestul Active Member

GPU:
    Zotac 970
    I get this in event viewer a couple of times when it goes. I've noticed now it usually goes down when I'm changing settings in CCC. Any way to disable that amdmantle64.dll or it's access since I don't even have a Mantle-capable device perhaps?

Event 1000; Appication Error

14. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    no, DDU was the right call.

Its mantle crashing aparently. I would have thought that it woulnt install.

Uninstall with DDU again, then when you reinstall select custom and dont install mantle.

You cant use it with your 5850s anyway.

15. Pestul

Pestul Active Member

GPU:
    Zotac 970
    Hmm, I don't recall seeing Mantle as an option and I always install with custom. I wonder where these betas are just altered slightly to add support for other cards, if the Mantle end of things is just installing anyway. Say, if the drivers are designed for 79xx or higher, the detection tool isn't working properly? Just a guess.

16. Dynastar

Dynastar Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 780 GTX Ti SC
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2014