Crysis 3 - no reasonable fps drops by turning around.

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by litwicki22, Apr 14, 2015.

1. litwicki22

litwicki22 Guest

Hey guys, anyone else have crysis 3 experiencing weird fps drop down to 30-39fps just by turning and moving around? Thought maybe my 980 just wasnt powerful enough to run it on max settings so been testing different settings and finally put everything on low and same issue still persists. I tried all drivers. 344.75 WHQL, 350 HOTFIX , 350.12 WHQL, 348.77 WHQL.
    I even try other graphic card. and problem still exists.

Issue exists on different places on game and the same locations. For example: I move , then my fps for a second drops to 39 fps and again raise up to 60 fps untill i move again. Fps just drops with no reason on specific places in game only when i go forward and back. When i am staying on the same place fps are consistent. But when i start to move....fps weird goes down.

GPU temps are 70C. I am using stock 4790K.

For example here:
    [​IMG]

or:
    [​IMG]

I even tried VSYNC ON OFF and nothing helped. I read somewhere that is related to TRIPLE BUFFERING or something?!

2. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    Try not turning around?

3. litwicki22

litwicki22 Guest

This is very not comfort when fps without reason drops from 60 fps to 39 fps and again goes up.

4. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    What happens with GPU usage when you turn around? Does it drop with the fps?

5. red6joker

red6joker Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980TI Gaming
    if motion blur is turned on I would try turning that off. Otherwise I would start testing each setting one at a time. Good luck.

6. litwicki22

litwicki22 Guest

DAmn. ITs very annoying:( I even enabled triple buffering in NV panel , still not work.;.

7. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Out of curiosity, what happens if you turn textures all the way down? does the issue still persist?

8. XenonS

XenonS Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1660 6GB
    Hi litwicki,
    I can only speak for Crysis 1&2 which I played on a i5 and that was already at the LIMIT. What I did, together with other demanding games, I used D3D Overwrider to enforce Tripple Buffering and Vsynch. This will boost some FPS.
    Now I'm playing these sort of games on a i7 desktop with an 'old' NVidia 8800 which still is good (but not perfect if you set all to High or at the highest resolution).

If you use D3D Overwrider you will have to disable first Vsynch and AA in the game; on your card set it to 'application only'.

But looking at your profile at the left, I hardly believe that you have problems with an i7, what's your grafic card? If it's above 1GB of memory you should not have any problems if the card is configured well, and: you are not playing on a laptop, do you? If yes, then stop immediately please for the sake of your laptop!

Greets,
    XenonS

Last edited: Apr 14, 2015