OSD changes position when recording

Discussion in 'Rivatuner Statistics Server (RTSS) Forum' started by andrei030, Apr 25, 2017.

1. andrei030

andrei030 New Member

GPU:
    Nvidia GeForce GTX 750
    I would like to report a strange behavior with RTSS, the position is correct while playing normally and making screenshots, but when recording it moves away from the selected position, it only happens when recording. Also it seems it has to do with units length, if fps (with text) units are enabled it doesn't move, but when only fps (only numbers) are displaying without units it moves. In vector format it maintains his correct position.
    I know it's a bit irrelevant, but is annoying for me.

See picture: i.imgur.com/YekfbL1.png

PS: I can't believe this forum is so restrictive, I can't post this in the correct forum or even post images. I only want to report this, not spam the forum to get permissions.

2. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

That's by design behavior, when you select top-right or bottom-right corner of display as OSD coordinate space origin the text is aligned by right edge.

3. andrei030

andrei030 New Member

GPU:
    Nvidia GeForce GTX 750
    It doesn't seem too normal. Maybe you didn't understand me well, or maybe I didn't explained it well.

I know that aligning to the right is the normal behavior, I'm not talking about that.

When I display FPS is aligned to right, when I make screenshot is aligned to right, when I'm recording still aligned to the right but it moves a bunch of pixels to the left.

I made another gif: i.imgur.com/lvNsHs9.gif

4. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

That does seem to be normal and quite opposite, looks like you didn't understand me.
    Once again, if you tie OSD to RIGHT edge of screen, it is supposed to be aligned by RIGHT edge of displayed text to ensure that everything is visible when text widths changes.

5. andrei030

andrei030 New Member

GPU:
    Nvidia GeForce GTX 750
    For me the recording throbber looks exactly the same as the screenshot throbber. Ok, if text width changes it aligns with the new text, I get it (I knew it from the start) but the text doesn't change, until there is a invisible character or space character next to the recording throbber, I have no way of knowing that.
    It has no sense to be the normal behavior.

Maybe this gif is even more clarifying, this is the difference between taking a screenshot or recording with exactly same settings.

i.imgur.com/boNk8hk.gif

Sorry for being so insistent and thanks for your patience and attention.