Guru3D.com Forums

Go Back   Guru3D.com Forums > Affiliates > MSI AfterBurner Overclock Application Discussion forum
MSI AfterBurner Overclock Application Discussion forum This forum is intended for MSI customers for questions on the AfterBurner Overclock Utility based off Rivatuner. In this section the users help each other out with answers as well as support staff from MSI.

Old
  (#326)
fatherkius

Videocard: KFA2 GeForce® GTX 1070 EX
Processor: Intel Core i5 2500K
Mainboard: Asus P8Z68-V/GEN3
Memory: DDR3 24 GB
Soundcard:
PSU: EVGA 110 BQ 650W black
Default Yesterday, 20:07 | posts: 4 | Location: Spain

Thanks for your fast replays guys. I have tested b21 version but I keep having the same problems I quoted before. I've unistalled Riva Tuner and let MSI Afterburner opened to see if like I was thinking there is some kind of incompatibility with The Division in DX12 and RivaTuner. MSI Afterburner without RivaTuner worked perfectly with the game on DX12. However, when I use RivaTuner i start getting these problems.

I don't wanna disturb anyone, I'm just trying to help. I guess I can let my Uplay account for testing it if needed, but it would be awesome if someone else have it to test it.

PD: As far as I know The Division doesn't use EAC , because if not the game would instantly crash and wouldn't work with DX11 perfectly.

Old
  (#327)
Unwinder

Videocard:
Processor:
Mainboard:
Memory:
Soundcard:
PSU:
Default Yesterday, 20:10 | posts: 12,918 | Location: Taganrog, Russia

Please read this posting slowly:

http://forums.guru3d.com/showpost.ph...&postcount=289

Alexey Nicolaychuk aka Unwinder, RivaTuner creator

Old
  (#328)
Unwinder

Videocard:
Processor:
Mainboard:
Memory:
Soundcard:
PSU:
Default Today, 09:15 | posts: 12,918 | Location: Taganrog, Russia

Quote:
Originally Posted by gedo View Post
I was testing the maximum frametime setting together with the alarm colour. There is a discrepancy in the timings in the OSD - the alarm colour changes late most of the time compared to the value (both when alarm goes on and off), but sometimes it changes in advance.

Is there any chance the alarm colour updates could be synced to the same interval as the OSD value updates? The mismatch is quite confusing. (And obviously, have the logic also consider the same interval for whether the alarm should trigger.)
I think I see compromise solution, which can give you more readable alarm indication for framerate/frametime graphs without moving threshold processing from AB to RTSS side. Enabling a threshold either for framerate or for frametime graph may disable displaying those counters by RTSS itself and show the data from AB graphs instead. But there will be limitations: in this case it will be impossible to see each application's framerate/frametime if you're running multiple 3D apps simultaneously, RTSS framerate refresh interval settings will be ignored, RTSS integer/FP framerate representation settings will be ignored.

Alexey Nicolaychuk aka Unwinder, RivaTuner creator