Looking for a small phone

Discussion in 'Tablets and Smart Phones' started by SentinelAeon, Oct 4, 2016.

1. SentinelAeon

SentinelAeon Guest

GPU:
    7950 HD
    I took this image in a bright room. Now for some reason phone decided to use flash anyway but that is ok, the text can be seen better because of that. But look at everything else besides the flash. It is completely dark. Why would the phone make an image i took in a bright room look completely dark ?

[​IMG]

2. SentinelAeon

SentinelAeon Guest

GPU:
    7950 HD
    Another example, same room. This time i turned the flash off and it is just horrible. I cannot read anything on this paper.

[​IMG]

3. SentinelAeon

SentinelAeon Guest

GPU:
    7950 HD
    I use the phone often to take a picture of things i am trying to sell online. And the images are quite useless often. Same room, i dont remember whether i turned flash off or if it was on auto. I dont remember xperia mini making such horrible images. I know s4 mini doesnt have great camera but surely it is not the worst out there.

[​IMG]

4. SentinelAeon

SentinelAeon Guest

GPU:
    7950 HD
    Btw i also own Xperia S, which is about 1 year older then samsung s4 mini. It has 13MP camera and all the reviews praise the camera, unlike with s4 mini where reviews have mixed feelings. But it would appear that this 1 year makes a difference since comparing both phones, s4 mini still gives better images.

5. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    No, but I have other pictures I've taken somewhere I can find for better examples.

Performance of the camera, just zipping through menus, and web browsing you cannot complain. I don't like big phones, I personally do not find them very efficient(Also considering I do not have the biggest hands in the world), I need a phone I can use with one hand.

The phone is secured, if I lost or it's stolen, it's very easy to track and disable. Also it cannot be unlocked unless I take it to Apple with proof of purchase, so that's a plus for me.

If I buy a new iphone, I can easily restore it with a backup from iTunes, or iCloud. Like the phone was never changed, even brings over text messages with ease.

Jailbreak, this can be a...Touchy subject. I'm going to compare it to rooting in Android because that basically what Jailbreak is, root access. Every Android phone I have owned previous to the iPhone, I have felt a need to root to either gain a feature the phone should have, fix something the carrier/manufacturer did not fix, or continue support with new Android builds that the carrier/manufacturer dropped. I don't mind rooting and unlocking, but I should not have to resort to that.

Jailbreaking, really I don't have to do it but it is nice to be able to add a few odds and ends to iOS or themes, or UI changes. Some people live by Jailbreaking, and there might be some stuff out there that really adds some useful features to iOS(Using it as an external drive that actually is speedy for example).

This one may be more of a bias, but with the recent battery issues with the new Galaxy Note, that kind of scares me. At least with Apple batteries, explosion will really only happen if you do something on purpose to make it happen lol.

If you have an iPad or another Apple device as well, it works great with it. I usually forget my phone at home....But I have an iPad at work. I get all my calls, texts, everything on the iPad same time I do the iPhone. Just pick up where I left off on everything.

The screen resolution may not be the biggest, but that screen still looks pretty sharp and has very awesome colors and viewing angles.

6. SentinelAeon

SentinelAeon Guest

GPU:
    7950 HD
    I heard good things about iphones but i kind of prefer android, mainly because i want access to free apps and i dont ever plan to pay for them.

Anyway i kind of make better pictures now, kind of. I play around with focus and exposure and like the reviews said, if the light is good, images will be great. So i just try and make sure there is decent light.

I have to say though that i will be on the lookout for small fast phones because even though i got used to samsung s4 mini and i really like the fact that it is so much faster then xperia mini, it still feels stupid carrying such a big phone around. Which is funny because i really dont think i have small hands :)

7. Quty

Quty Guest

GPU:
    GPU Radeon R7 250
    Take Sony Xperia z5 compact) small one:nerd:

8. Dianeallen

Dianeallen Guest

GPU:
    1tb
    As you said you are looking for small phone. iPhone 4s or 5c are small, compact and user friendly. Personally I am using 4s.

9. stone-eye

stone-eye Guest

GPU:
    IntelĀ® HD Graphics
    iPhone 5C is ok aside from the battery which is just dire (1500mah or thereabouts). The Sony Compact range would be your best bet for size and features.

10. scoter man1

scoter man1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070ti
    iPhone's do pretty good with small batteries just because of the highly optimized processor/OS.

11. stone-eye

stone-eye Guest

GPU:
    IntelĀ® HD Graphics
    My wifes 5C lasts her usually half a day, compared to her Sony Z3 compact that would go a whole day before charging unless she was out taking photos etc.

12. Walyngh

Walyngh Guest

GPU:
    Memory size
    Hi, another version of the mini smartphone Iphone CE, model 2016
    Display: 4 inches
    Support: Touch ID
    Internal memory: 64GB
    Camera: 12Mp
    Operating system: Ios 9
    Virtual Memory: 16 GB