Gigabyte Bundles Windforce 3x Cooler With Titan Black

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Rich_Guy, Apr 11, 2014.

1. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

http://www.guru3d.com/news_story/gi...ce_gtx_titan_black_with_windforce_cooler.html

2. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Hot damn .. those windforce coolers are awesome. I had a pair of cards with those. Great deal for those who buy GB and want to try it out.

3. miffywiffy

miffywiffy Master Guru

GPU:
    750ti
    Hate these coolers, they don't direct heat out the back, they just heat the whole case inside. Also though the fans always stick out a tiny bit making SLI annoying as if one card is sagging the one from above hits the components on the back of another. The fans always go loud, I've had three of them and they all make rattling noises, the only coolers I've ever had to do so.

I ended up just getting a H70 I had and tie wrapping it and throwing the cooler away.

4. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    That's why you buy a reference card and instead buy an Arctic Cooler.

5. fry178

fry178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 2080S WB
    @miffywiffy
    guess you didnt get one of the windforce cards recently.
    since the 700 series they have
    A: a metal frame and/or backplate so no sagging
    B: the fans dont have that issue anymore. not saying they cant experience problems (like any other piece of manmade hardware), but its not a "quality" issue anymore...

@Svarog
    i like arctice, but the last 2 cooler (gtx500/600) were a PIA to mount, didnt "fit" perfectly, which meant i got into cooling issues once the card was running under (full) load.
    ANd i pay another 100$, compared to getting a evga ACX/GB windforce/msi TF card (anything smaller than titan)..

Last edited: Apr 12, 2014
  6. krash3x

krash3x Guest

GPU:
    EVGA Titan Black Edition
    I have two fans blowing in on my Titan Black and never see it go past 65c on load. I was a little afraid after coming from the gtx 580 directcu II. I do wish it had a back plate though. I had a card stop working when a metal piece of an antec slot fan fell on my GPU 6 years ago. I don't really overclock so I doubt such things are really necessary for me.

7. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    Arctic Coolers should only be used on Reference Cards.

I never had issues with them, and i been using them since the 7800 GTX.

8. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    I am not a fan of windforce cooler. In my GTX 780 GHz Edition one fan had bearing issues at certain speeds. Also the coil whine was massive and the cooler was surprisingly noisy.

9. Ch0plol

Ch0plol Guest

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 770 4GB
    Yeah, I've heard coil whine complaints from quite a few people with the windforce cards. It was one of the main reasons I paid a few more $ for the Asus 770 when I purchased it.