OSD shows up on everything but Skyrim?

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Application Development Forum' started by Stone Gargoyle, Nov 29, 2011.

1. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    I can't for the life of me figure this out so I'm hoping you guys can. Whenever I run a game MSI's OSD always shows up without a problem - unless I'm running Skyrim. I've redone everything and checked all my settings but it just refuses to work when running this one game and toggle does absolutely nothing even though it works in everything else I run.

Any ideas how I can fix it?

2. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Are you using the Inject FXAA hack by any chance, Stone Gargoyle, as Afterburner's OSD isn't compatible with modded DX9/DXGI files unless you enable a hidden setting in the profile files? There's another thread on here with info on how to enable it though if you look.

I'm not using the hack and Afterburner has been working fine in Skyrim for me so it does work. I'm using the Raster 3D option.

3. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    You're quite right mate I am. I guess I should have guessed it might be connected. Thanks Darren :)

edit: To allow OSD to work in conjunction with directx overriders such as FXAA, create a profile for the game then go to C:\Program Files (x86)\MSI Afterburner\Bundle\OSDServer\Profiles and modify the cfg file. In the [hooking] section, add EnableDynamicOffsetDetection=1 , save the file and restart Afterburner.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2011
  4. k4sh

k4sh Member Guru

GPU:
    Geforce 1070 @ 2139-2152
    Hi there,
    I tried the trix you mentioned but it's not working.
    The OSD is displaying for a very short time each time I load a savegame after what it hides.
    Any idea. How about the others threads you mentioned. I would be happy to read about them.

5. Djamphir

Djamphir Guest

GPU:
    MSI R6870 TwinFrozrOC 1GB
    This works fantastic, Thanks!!!!!

6. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

You no longer need to edit the profile files manually, this option is now in GUI so you simply add a profile for desired application then tick "Enable compatibility with modified Direct3D runtime libraries" option in this profile.

7. gedo

gedo Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 6700 XT 12GB
    Check what key you have as the "Toggle OSD" key in Afterburner. Maybe you press it by accident?