970 memory allocation issue revisited

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by alanm, Jan 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. neo5555

neo5555 Active Member

GPU:
    2 x 6950's in CF
    seriously.. you make me laugh..

"The description says....." lol. Well then, it must be true if the description says.

2. neo5555

neo5555 Active Member

GPU:
    2 x 6950's in CF
    yep... "Democracy and freedom of speech" in action..

3. Spets

Spets Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Right.. but your group providing nothing is all the evidence you need.

How does your test at running Unity running 25-30fps @ 4GB (1400p) and 30-40fps @3.8GB (1080p) prove a performance drop from going above 3.3-3.5GB? All you've really shown is higher resolution = lower performance.

4. Darkest

Darkest Guest

GPU:
    3060ti Vision OC V2
    The irony.

You've got nothing, as I said earlier: circular arguments.

Exactly, if that's an advocation of an issue I'm literally stunned, it reminds me of VultureX's past posts on VRAM where he literally proved the other party to be correct with his incompetence. I'm guessing that Neo of many fives is twisting the gentleman's point to his own agenda however.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2015

5. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    So, instead of providing a reason you act like a child.

We've all been expected to believe that these people claiming to have problems, really are. We've all been expected to believe that the videos claiming to be of GTX970's experiencing "issues" are real. So, what makes this particular case any different? Besides the fact that it doesn't demonstrate any issue?

6. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    Maybe that's what he was trying to prove?

7. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    Partly because of the obvious shilling and multiple accounts being used across all forums involved.

Also there are an unusually high number of images and links being posted from .de hosting sites and .de forums, examples: computerbase.de pcgameshardware.de,. 3DCenter.de, abload.de, imugur.de.

Interesting to say the least.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2015
  8. Spets

Spets Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    I thought that at first but there's some back and forth in his statement. Just not too sure.

Yep, should see the GeForce forums. Multiple threads created by the same people while they spam each others threads with the same comments.

9. neo5555

neo5555 Active Member

GPU:
    2 x 6950's in CF
    Maybe circular, but its valid. Where are YOUR arguments ? All you seem to do is comment about me ...

I've already tried to explain several times how i came to my conclusion but you keep fixating on me..

10. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    WTF am I reading? What is wrong with people? I have only skimmed over this thread but unless people have concrete proof, it's all speculation.

11. neo5555

neo5555 Active Member

GPU:
    2 x 6950's in CF
    C'mon man... seriously ? "Because the description says..." lol.. How can one not laugh at the naiveness of that comment..

12. neo5555

neo5555 Active Member

GPU:
    2 x 6950's in CF
    All good guys... lets agree to disagree.. I'm going back to my side of the fence.. lol

No hard feelings..

13. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    I was wondering how's your 970 going..I think it runs flawlessly..

14. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    Aside from a questionable "benchmark" that may not even produce valid results, you have nothing showing any sort of issue exists. As you can see in this thread http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=396064 the only "evidence" posted at any point, is YouTube videos claiming to be running GTX970 and experiencing stuttering and hitching every time VRAM usage exceeds 3.5GB. So, if you say the video posted by Spets is unacceptable, every shred of "evidence" posted on this supposed "issue" is also unacceptable for the aforementioned reasons. They're YouTube videos that could easily be faked.

So, now it's down just to our experiences and a statement from NVidia. In your case it could have simply been a faulty card from the start.

15. keasy

keasy Banned

GPU:
    d1cK
    Democracy ?

When did you last cast a vote for a candidate running for moderator ?

Freedom of speech ?

When did you last pretend to yourself that message boards are not subject to liable law and defamation ?

What is this freedom you speak of ? :nerd:

16. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    Nice point.

Knowingly and willingly making false statements with the intend to cause undo harm, is still illegal in most countries. Doesn't matter that it's posted on a forum.

Personally, I'd never want to vote for moderators.....mostly cuz I'd vote for myself and users I know would be more strict.

17. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    I haven't ran any of the "tests" provided here. All I can tell you is that I got my 970 on launch day and it's been flawless in every game I tried. I'll keep it until the next generation comes out. Even if this speculation we're discussing here was true, does one really need more than 3gb vram, even at 1440p for playable framerates on a single gpu? The answer is no.

Still, if this ever comes to be true, and nvidia gimped, I'll be the first one to go to their HQ and shart all over their supercars in the car park.

Until then, I'll just wait for proof. Because I haven't really seen any.

18. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    That's a lot of effort just to shart all over people's cars....lol I'd hope you'd at least shart all over the lobby as well =X Or maybe just plug up a few toilets in the restrooms. That might even be worse....

19. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    I was going to say I'd shart all over their office carpets but meh, supercars are more expensive so I'd do that first. Talking about sharting, have you ever sharted?

20. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    Pull the breaker for the A/C and Furnace...... Plug the toilets and place space heaters next to them. Nice, hot smell.....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.