Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming BIOS

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by Kicek, Nov 10, 2014.

1. HHawk

HHawk Member

GPU:
    Asus X1900 XTX (watercooled)
    Apparantly Gigabyte released a new BIOS:

BIOS F13
    Weird that it says for F11-F12 BIOS update.
    Though it says (at the bottom of the page): F10, it can only be updated with VBIOS versions F11-F19.

So, does it work for F10? I will try anyways when I get back home from work.

//edit

Seems I wasn't around for a very long time given my PC specs on the side. LOL :)

Last edited: Feb 17, 2015
  2. TaurusManUK

TaurusManUK Member

GPU:
    GB GTX 970 G1 Gaming
    Has anyone flashed their G1 gaming card with a Display Port cable? Do you I have to use DVI-I and DVI-D cables to flash the card?

3. stevevnicks

stevevnicks Guest

GPU:
    Don't need one
    i use DP's for my monitors, although when i flashed the cards i used a dvi-d cable to flash with.

was going to try using the DP's but thought there must be a reason why it says use the dvi ports, so didnt want to risk it.

4. i_am_ugf

i_am_ugf Member

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 4090
    Yes it does work on F10 just flashed my card with bios F13

5. TaurusManUK

TaurusManUK Member

GPU:
    GB GTX 970 G1 Gaming

I finally updated my 970 G1 gaming card's BIOS to .F42 from .F40 via NVFLASH. @BIOS tool was not working for me because for some reason my card is on index 1 and not 0. And I have got only one card installed in my machine.

I use Display port cable for normal usage but I used the long winding process of using DVI cable and flashing the bios twice for each DVI input as outlined in the documentation.

All works fine.

6. Rickyves

Rickyves Guest

GPU:
    970 G1 Gaming
    I am trying to update my 970 G1 Gaming bios to F13, but I only get a corrupted file from Gigabyte`s site. Can anyone send me the file plz.
    rickyves @ gmail.com

7. RT3D1J3D1

RT3D1J3D1 Guest

GPU:
    Mushkin 12 Gb
    I have the non-G1 model and I'm pretty sure its the same hardware w/o the higher OC binned chip(at least the early revisions). My card came with the F2 bios and within a week of purchase i had the F2 Bios out of a G1 running on it, fully functional by flashing with NVflash. I noticed that our F2 cards weren't getting any update love and flashed an F40 bios off of a G1 back in December... it worked, fully functional and less buggy than the F2(F2 had display port issues). I'm not sure why gigabyte says "F1, it can only be updated with VBIOS versions F2-F9...." because it doesn't seem to hold true in all cases. I ran that F40 bios until 3 days ago, with no issue, and now im on the F42 G1 bios. Not all the bioses are interchangeable though, i flashed the FA1 bios for the non-g1 and it wouldn't boot(had to boot using backup gpu to flash a working bios). It does seem that the F4x is close enough to the F2 and probably all of F1-F9 to be interchangable. I wouldn't recommend experimenting unless you have a spare card and are comfy with NVflash but this may be helpfull for those stuck on an old bios revision.