2 GeForce cards into 2 Quadro cards????

Discussion in 'Rivatuner Statistics Server (RTSS) Forum' started by adelfahmy, Apr 20, 2008.

1. adelfahmy

adelfahmy New Member

GPU:
    Nvidia OEM 8800 gtx & XFX 8800 gtx
    hello.... i am new to the forum... first i want to thanks all the admins and members for their efforts....

i was wondering if there is any new info for soft modding the seconadry Nvidia card so you can have 2 QUADROs...

i know that nvstrap only can affect the primary displaycard only...

i was wondering if there is a way other than hardmodding the second card to have 2 QUADROs instead if 1 quadro and 1 geforce...

i was able to install the quadro drivers for the second card through updating the drivers in the windows device manager... but still GPUz and the windows reads the device id as Geforce... i know that this is obvious....

i was wondering if we can change something in the registry after installing the quadro drivers for the second card to to change the device id and adapter string into the quadro id

i have 2 8800 Gtx (one is OEM Nvidia and the other is XFX).... i nvstraped one into quadro fx 4600 and the other just installed the quadro drivers ( but still in the display settings reads the adapter string and chip type as 8800 gtx)....

thanks alot... i hope that this problem has been solved

2. adelfahmy

adelfahmy New Member

GPU:
    i forget to mention i am using rivatuner 2.08 and beta drivers 174.85 for both cards...

3. boogah

boogah Member Guru

GPU:
    2x GTX 295 Quad-SLI
    well first of all you are not getting any performance increase from NVstrapping the 8800 GTX. It may show you the name but there's a hardware OGL lock on the chip.

and you can only NVstrap the first card only.

last card that were modable were the 6800GT and the Ultra series.

If you are using 3Dstudio Max you can use D3D and it will be faster than the OpenGL mode.

If you are using solidworks the NVstrap will enable Realview.

4. adelfahmy

adelfahmy New Member

GPU:
    thanks...acctually i want to try the Maxtreme drivers in SLI... and they only work with the Quadro cards.....

so what are you saying its not possible to have the second card soft modded at the moment with tools available...am i right

5. boogah

boogah Member Guru

GPU:
    2x GTX 295 Quad-SLI
    yah well maxtreme won't work either.

3DSmax is optimized for D3D so you'll be fine with just the 8800gtx or SLI of the two without softmodding. Could just use the normal forceware drivers.

6. adelfahmy

adelfahmy New Member

GPU:
    i see.... is there any reason for maxtreme not to work with nvstrap....also i want to ask if there is any program or a true SLI game to benchmark the SLI and see the difference between using one card or both in SLI....

7. muddymind

muddymind Member

GPU:
    MSI Gaming X GTX1080ti
    Fear benefits alot from SLI :)

8. boogah

boogah Member Guru

GPU:
    2x GTX 295 Quad-SLI
    the maxtreme drivers checks for hardware OpenGL acceleration which you can't get from the nvstrap from OGL lock.