FD R5 owners question

Discussion in 'Die-hard Overclocking & Case Modifications' started by tsunami231, Jul 14, 2016.

1. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    So i noticed the PLED is BLUE and SO is the HDD LED.

If I leave the HDD LED connected I can see the HDD activty flicker just fine, BUT if I connect the PLED the entire light is lite up blue, making it very hard to see HDD activity flicker.

Does everyone R5 case light work like this IF both PLED and HDD LED are connected? am I supposed to pick between PLED or HDD? or something wrong cause I cant fiqure out how to keep the PLED connect with out it over powering the HDD activity flicker which is also Blue

2. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Well with my case I only used the HDD led, because I didn't bother putting the power led to use anyway tbh... but iirc my power led was white. Definately weird, haven't read about your problem so far either.

3. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    R5 here too and yeah both LEDs are blue, but I can certainly make out the HDD LED blinking.

Though I have the case on the floor right under my desk and chair so I'm looking at the LEd from an upwards direction, not straight at it, if that can make a difference.

4. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    Oh i can make out the HDD flicker it just over powered by the blue led of PLED cause the whole light/led in the case is lite up.

All this time I thought e BLUE light in the case was the HDD LED and there was light behind the power switch, but there isnt the the blue light in the led light in the case IS the power LED and the HDD light that flickers is housed in the the same light the PLED is housed in.

Soon as I disconnect PLED I can see the HDD activity flicker just fine

5. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    ^ yea I thought it was a bit strange too, but guess FD didn't want to spoil the colour scheme with an ugly orange LED... ;)

6. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    according to them this is by design, guess there no point in having both i will just pick one or the other