Call of Duty Black Ops 2?

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, Feb 17, 2012.

1. charliehamster

charliehamster Guest

GPU:
    PNY GTX-1070
    Sudden surge of Christmas gamers failed to happen. If anything less gamers appeared to be online.

2. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Naturally, why play video games when you can be with family and friends?

3. MrH

MrH Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080 FE
    Indeed. I expect the numbers to go up after Boxing Day. It's been creeping up the top sellers list on Steam so people are certainly buying it.

4. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    I tried SweetFX 1.3 and no VAT ban lol :D

And there was no real difference with Dither on, maybe just a little less obvious shades - still visible, this 1.3 version has only on/off option.

btw is this 2.0?
    http://www.guru3d.com/files_details/fxaa_post_process_injection_tool_download.html

5. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
  6. MrH

MrH Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080 FE
    Got my G400 today and noticed a problem in CoD immediately. The lift off distance was huge, 3 CDs in fact. Apparently this is a major issue with some mice and it seems the G400 is one of them. I've managed to get it down to 1 CD by using 2 layers of Sellotape over the sensor but I need to get some Scotch Magic Tape to fix it 100%. It now only tracks ever so slightly off the pad, but I'd like to get rid of that if possible so fingers crossed the new tape will sort it out.

7. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    There is a mouse thread in general hardware which documented which mice have that problem, I'm on my iPad right now so I can't search for it.

8. MrH

MrH Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080 FE
    Bugger. Wish I had known that before. The Sellotape has helped but it's not completely fixed, hopefully the Scotch Tape will be better otherwise it's going back to Amazon. Really gutted :(

9. tyRant.594

tyRant.594 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI R9 280x
    I was actually quite surprised how much better this game looks and runs compared to the others. I am enjoying the Hardpoint mode and tdm of coarse.

10. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti
    Wow, i really am shocked how well it runs on this laptop.

I get easily 40+ fps, but the input lag is really bad.
    It does drop sometimes below 40, but never below 30.

I need to cap it at 30fps, and the input lag is gone.

What the hell is causing this?

11. slick3

slick3 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 +85/1200
    Can you explain the "shocked" part again? This game STILL has terrible graphics ........even for consoles. :grin:

12. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    Check his specs and you would notice its slower than a console.

13. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Input lag? I don't have input lag problems or at least I can't notice it but I've capped my fps to 90.

14. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    No input lag here either. I don't even have trouble with the graphics quality. Even textures are mostly fine and it's CoD after all.

15. MrH

MrH Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080 FE
    "Terrible" is OTT.

16. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Has anyone noticed a change in lag compensation? I've hardly, if at all, noticed myself unloading a magazine on someone only to be killed instead these days.

17. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti
    Terrible? You need some glasses sir.

18. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti
    I had to sell my gaming rig, needed laptop for school and bunch of new cloths(expensive cloths) So i couldnt keep the rig anymore, it was overkill anyway.

This rig runs everything fine that i play, WoW, blops 2, coduo and company of heroes.

19. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    It's not as extreme as it was anymore, yes. On the other hand it's still not fine and there still are lots of bad games, sometimes even on completely laggy servers.
    Games like this heavily rely on "realtime" reactions and thus the game should keep these artificial limitations within a certain range.
    I'm absolutely fine if the game gave me an added latency of 20-30ms to even out the field against other locals with worse latencies.
    It doesn't work out though to see people with jumpy latencies and really high pings getting compensated with (subjective) 300-500ms.
    As this game has no form of ballistic "simulation" (like BF3 tries) I have to hit what I see, exactly what I see. Spot-on hit detection was one of the main factors in CoD 4. You saw a tiny bit of your enemy? Well fine, aim for it, very precisely, and you'd know you'd hit it.
    Especially in Hardcore, where you'd need far less bullets to kill, it's pretty bad if you're sure to hit someone, fire two or maybe three bullets, and go on to chase another target just to be shot by the first enemy shortly after.
    This happened like 1 out of 100 times in CoD 4 and now it happens half of the time, especially noticable with all the single-fire weapons (needless to say, those are the ones I like most).

20. TirolokoRD

TirolokoRD Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 980TI ACX 2
    Somebody else is experiencing some crashes with steam/bo2? I am not able to play it since yesterday!