RivaTuner & 9800 GX2 Quad SLI

Discussion in 'Rivatuner Statistics Server (RTSS) Forum' started by Godhammer, Nov 9, 2008.

1. Godhammer

Godhammer New Member

GPU:
    PNY 9800 GX2 Quad SLI
    Hello all! I’m very new to RivaTuner and have a few questions.

I’m running Vista Ultimate 64-bit right now. When I install RivaTuner 2.11 I get an error saying a driver will not be installed because it’s not signed. Is this typical or is something wrong?

Second, tried to do some fan settings and overclocking with my two 9800 GX2’s running Quad SLI. I’m using the 175.24 drivers from Nvidia currently.

One thing I noticed is the guide on setting the fans is for 2.0 and apparently 2.11 is different when it comes to setup options. I can create the 60%, 80% and 100% profiles but the option to launch them when the temp gets above a certain point doesn’t exist (or at least it’s not where the guide says it should be). Either that or I’m doing something wrong. What should I do to here?

Also, any suggestions on how to overclock with the 9800 GX2’s? I noticed that since I’m running Quad SLI, all four GPU’s show up in the menu. When I’m overclocking, do I need to create/match the settings for all four or just two of the four? Obviously I need to match the OC settings, but do I need to do it for all four GPU’s on the menu or just the 1st and 3rd? I guess having the 4 GPU’s on two cards is a little confusing.

Last, but not least, anyone out there running Quad SLI that can give me some advice, tips, etc… or maybe an idea of how far they can be overclocked and remain stable. Honestly, I’m not looking to get them running at the cutting edge, but I would like to have them running above normal.

Thanks in advance!!

GH