"Installing" D3DOverrider without Rivatuner?

Discussion in 'Rivatuner Statistics Server (RTSS) Forum' started by Stevedroid, Dec 6, 2012.

1. Stevedroid

Stevedroid Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 680
    I've been using D3DOverrider since it came out and am eternally grateful for it because I hate tearing and far too many developers put out games that use vsync without triple buffering.

Anyway I recently did a routine format/reinstall of my system and figured that instead of bothering with RivaTuner, I'd just copy the D3DOverrider folder over to the new install.

However, whenever I tried to start games with D3DOverrider active, they'd crash. I guessed that just copying the D3DOverrider folder wasn't sufficient - and it looks like I was right. I installed RivaTuner normally and then everything was working fine with D3DOverrider. So I'm assuming that D3DOverrider must use one of the .dlls or other files from the normal RivaTuner install. Anyone know what those files happen to be so that in the future I can use D3DOverrider without having to install RivaTuner (which is otherwise useless to me)?

2. boogieman

boogieman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080X
    I just copied the entire contents of the D3D Overrider folder to another drive that Rivatuner is not installed on, launched D3DOverrider.exe and then started a game and it worked fine. What did you attempt to do?