1080ti 4k gsync

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by avimeso, Jul 6, 2017.

1. avimeso

avimeso Guest

GPU:
    1080ti
    Hi all,
    I just upgraded from a 1440p 165hz gsync monitor to a 4k 60hz gsync monitor since I play more rpg style games.
    Have noticed if gsync is enabled in NVidia control panel and vsync is off ingame tearing occurs.
    I was under the impression vsync should be off ingame for gsync to work correctly.
    I noticed if I turn vsync on ingame there is no tearing but then its not using gsync at all is it?
    Is the gsync module not working in monitor or do I need to change something?
    With the 1440p monitor I just had gsync on in control panel and off ingame. it worked great!
    Thanks for your help.

2. Party Poison

Party Poison Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4090
    You should have both vsync and gsync on ideally, If you go over the monitors refresh rate 60 for example. It will still tear even with Gsync.

But then in some games you may still get tearing under the refresh, I play PUBG and with the NVCP Vsync off and a fps limit of 100, Gsync on I still get tearing when its under the 100hz.

I just turn Gsync and vsync on in the Control panel and go with that.

3. RealNC

RealNC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070 Ti Super
    Same old story. Here's the solution:

Enable vsync in nvcp.
    Disable vsync in-game.
    Use an FPS cap 58FPS. In-game frame limiter is best. If there is none, use RTSS.

If you don't do the above, g-sync won't be used much since it can only work at 58FPS and below (generally 2-3FPS below max refresh rate; on 60Hz monitors, that's 58 or 57FPS and below.) If a 58FPS cap still completely solve it, you need to cap to 57 instead. On most systems, 58 should do the job though.

If your monitor can be overclocked a bit, even just to 62Hz, that would help since then you can use a cap of 60FPS.

Full story here:

http://www.blurbusters.com/gsync/gsync101

The "Input lag" and "Range" sections of the article are particularly interesting.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2017