Has anyone here ordered a Gigabyte 980 G1 from Amazon while they were out of stock?

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by skoolz, Oct 29, 2014.

1. skoolz

skoolz Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA FTW3 3090
    If so, how long did it take for it to finally be shipped to you?

I went ahead and "pre-ordered" the Gigabyte G1 from Amazon while it was out of stock. I am just kind of wondering how quickly Amazon has gotten these back in stock in the past, and ultimately, how long of a wait I have.

Anybody have some knowledge they want to share?

2. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    If its from Amazon themselves and not a third party retailer then they generally get stock pretty quickly normally around every two weeks. Amazon being probably the biggest online retailer you would expect this.

Also, they are gracious enough to not charge you for your preorder, they only charge you once the item has been shipped to you.

3. Brogan

Brogan Guest

GPU:
    4080 Gaming OC
    just bought a Gigabyte 980 on NewEgg this morning.

They are in stock.

4. skoolz

skoolz Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA FTW3 3090
    Would you read this as a good sign that perhaps Amazon will be getting some in then? I have to use Amazon (due to the way I lined up financing the card), although it is tempting to just order one right now on newegg and cancel my amazon order, but I really shouldn't.

5. stevevnicks

stevevnicks Guest

GPU:
    Don't need one
    if you shouldn't then I wouldn't, its just a gfx card and for how much the 980 cost you'd be more impressed with the 970 and save a few quid at the same time... don't fall for the hype of the 980 the real buzz should be the 970 period.

6. mahanddeem

mahanddeem Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX1080Ti StrX
    Good Question. I'm wondering the same thing

7. Brogan

Brogan Guest

GPU:
    4080 Gaming OC
    [​IMG]

8. skoolz

skoolz Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA FTW3 3090
    I will always be happy to pay a premium to get the better card, even if the performance per $ ratio isn't the greatest. And in the case of the G1, I will be able to overclock the card even further, putting it beyond speeds the 970 can only dream of.

9. skoolz

skoolz Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA FTW3 3090
    Well, Amazon updated the status. It now has a delivery estimate of Nov 5, and a status of "Not Yet Shipped". I guess that's a massive improvement.

10. mahanddeem

mahanddeem Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX1080Ti StrX
    I second that. Ordered from Amazon yesterday, today it's like what you said.
    Hopefully it'll be a big gaming night that Wednesday :) aka Wed G1

11. Brogan

Brogan Guest

GPU:
    4080 Gaming OC
    I wanted to pre-order Amazon as well, (have a bunch of points to use!) but I had a couple different sites checking to see who got the 980's back in stock, and when I saw it on Newegg, I decided to jump on it.

I want to max out Inquisition this November. :)