Guess what

Discussion in 'Processors and motherboards AMD' started by CalculuS, Oct 24, 2014.

1. CalculuS

CalculuS Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1660Ti
    Alright this Processor is ****ing doomed.

With the new Mobo I can watch streams without freezing, even some games like Civilization 5 and fallout new vegas. But playing Skyrim it will just completely freeze the moment its done loading and wants to go into the game.

Same with dota 2. Left 4 dead 1 seemed to work until I alt-tabbed and tried to tab back in resulting in a black screen with a frozen cursor.

Everytime I have to hard reset.

Also the X-boost function is just retarded since all it does is give blue screens upon entering Windows. One seems to be "DRIVER_IRQ not equal or less" or something like that and the other was "NONPAGED file" and something else.

Should I just RMA this cpu?

2. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Run memtest86

3. CalculuS

CalculuS Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1660Ti
    I was running it this morning, forgot to include in my main post. About 6 hours in. No errors.

4. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    You should rma the board not the CPU. Try a bios update first, but tbh if you're gonna overclock get a decent motherboard.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2014

5. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    And proper cooling. Also, use the bios not Asrock software ..

6. CalculuS

CalculuS Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1660Ti
    You mean to flash it? I have no clue how to do it besides the asrock instant flash thingy which is apparently what you're refraining me from doing.

7. CalculuS

CalculuS Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1660Ti
    Also I just literally ran prime95 for about 40 minutes stable. 100% cpu usage throughout the whole test. Acceptable temps for stock cooler too (64Degrees).

8. CalculuS

CalculuS Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1660Ti
    If the mobo was the issue and it wouldn't deliver enough voltage or something to the cpu, shouldn't it freeze on every game? I don't get it.

Its not as if Skyrim or Dota 2 use more cpu horsepower than Civ 5.

Bios is also latest version. (P1.60)

9. aircool

aircool Don Aircooleone Staff Member

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 560 Ti 448 Core
    Sounds like memory or hard drive (bad sectors) related to me. If definitely neither of these then its the board.

10. CalculuS

CalculuS Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1660Ti
    Guys, I always have these kind of problems. Thing is after about 4 hours I usually realize what the problem is and its one of those miniscule tiny little easy options I missed.

Apparently DirectX9 was not running correctly or some sort. Reinstalled it.

Both Skyrim and Dota 2 work now.

You can't believe how happy and how hard I slapped myself in the face for this. Like literally when it worked the first thing I did was apply my hand so hard to my head I felt dizzy.

11. antonyfrn

antonyfrn Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4070 SUPER
    I have to agree with Aircool, when i've seen them errors in the past on my own system. Once it was the ram failing and the other time it was my HDD was bad the final time it was my SSD dying.

12. CalculuS

CalculuS Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1660Ti
    Good to see you read the post aswell! Hah. Its all cleared up now.

13. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    You see, problem with test tools is they create one hardware component (CPU, HDD) load, but they don`t create system drivers/services load. Where game usually creates CPU, HDD, NIC, video, audio components load and their drivers load too.

14. Ouzo

Ouzo Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1080Ti Gaming X
    I think that is the whole point of the test tool. To isolate it to certain problem domain, which you can then ignore.