Windows XP 4870x2 Second GPU won't overclock.

Discussion in 'Rivatuner Statistics Server (RTSS) Forum' started by UncleBulgaria, Oct 9, 2008.

1. UncleBulgaria

UncleBulgaria Member

GPU:
    4870X2
    As per the title. The overclock global is set to Q EnableClockControlCloning 1. However monitoring with GPU-Z shows that only the first GPU is being overclocked.

If I manually select the other GPU from the drop down i.e. ATI Radeon 4870x2 (Default monitor) and try there, again no success. It tests, then automatically sets the clock back to it's default 507/500.

I can set the clocks with AMD GPU Tool, however I then lose my Fan Settings. V. Frustrating.

Anyone had a similar problem in XP or found a solution?

Rivatuner 2.11 works just fine in Vista 64.

Note initial problems were with 8.10 RC2 installed, I then uninstalled, re-installed 8.9. Driver Cleaner, removed ATI folder. Installed without CCC, installed CCC, removed it again etc etc etc. PIA

UB

2. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

RTFM definitively helps, quote from 2.11 release notes:

- Added experimental overclocking support for the secondary display adapters in Crossfire systems (only for Windows Vista).

There is no support for Crossfire overclocking in XP and probably never will be in future, readme more than directly informs you about it.

3. UncleBulgaria

UncleBulgaria Member

GPU:
    4870X2
    You make a fine bit of software. Shame you've got no f*cking manners.

UB

4. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

I'd be really pleased if you could remove RT from your hard drive. It is not for people talking offers to read manual as something bad and throwing personal insults in response. Thanks is advance, hope NOT to see you here again.

5. Lowteckh

Lowteckh Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 4850 @ stock
    Complaining about free third party software? People like you need to go fck yourself.