Wolfenstein: The New Order + Rivatuner Statistics Server

Discussion in 'Rivatuner Statistics Server (RTSS) Forum' started by shentheory, May 22, 2014.

1. shentheory

shentheory Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 770 4GB SC
    Not sure If I should post this in the Wolfenstein game thread or this one, as it has to do with specifically both together. Any advice would be hugely appreciated!

I'm running RTSS 6.1.0, as well as Hwinfo64, together for OSD info for all my games. Works amazing. Well I bought this game yesterday and as soon as I start it up, I notice that where my OSD usually shows, for Wolfenstein specifically, it's just shows blank white boxes. In this configuration the OSD info shows correctly with every other game I run, so it's specific to this game.

I even tried running RTSS Only, showing only FPS info, and still get the White Box issue
    Has anyone else tried RTSS or OSD in general with game? I'd love some advice. Thanks!

2. boogieman

boogieman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080X
    Try changing the RTSS display rendering mode. Vector 2D, 3D or Raster. Hover your mouse over this setting to get explanation.

Last edited: May 22, 2014
  3. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    I'm using Hwinfo64 with Afterburner as well and everything is loading fine for me. Check to see if there are any active 3d process running. You can check this by clicking the "I" icon on the top right of Afterburner control panel.

[​IMG]

4. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

Currently only vector 2D and 3D OSD rendering modes are supported in Wolfensein: The New Order. Raster 3D OSD rendering mode for this engine will be suppirted in new RTSS.

5. kysioo_nl

kysioo_nl Guest

GPU:
    HD-5970
    Alright then, but is it not so, that current version of RTSS doesnt support 64bit aplications like wolf (i read it somewhere in the menu tips), ive tried all the combinations with it and it just wont work....

6. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

Current version is 6.1.1 and it works fine with 64-bit applications.

7. kysioo_nl

kysioo_nl Guest

GPU:
    HD-5970
    I gonna inquire for that one then, I'll se what happens. Thanks!:nerd:

8. kysioo_nl

kysioo_nl Guest

GPU:
    HD-5970
    Yeah man, I like taking with pro's, works good, though I must say that it is a noticeable load for the cpu since my fps deminishes by like 10%, but i"ve seen what i needed to see - the crossfire gpu workloads - and now i can swich it off,
    I now everything.... this super funny shooter needs a patch from da mamma :)
    Cheers!

9. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    Crossfire doesn't work with Wolfenstien neither does SLI as its ID TECH 5 engine the same as RAGE. I think SLI is supported in some form through drivers but it doesn't work as well as it should.

10. kysioo_nl

kysioo_nl Guest

GPU:
    HD-5970
    True, but then again through some changes in ccc I acchieved even load on both gpus, there was slight output increase but not nearly good enough to say that it benefits from crossfire, before it was single gpu@100% and now it varies on both like 60-80, also the quality of gameplay at say 40-50 fps has increased, you dont get these "out of buffer" lags , so maybe there's gonna be patch, wolf, unlike rage, is bestseller after all .

Grtz

11. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    I doubt there will be a patch to include multi GPU systems as it would mean quite a hefty change to the way the engine works. ID TECH 5 was built with silky smooth 60fps gameplay in mind and the added latency of multi GPU systems is something I think the devs didn't like. John Carmack is noted in saying he hates latency of any kind in many videos online. Also the way the engine uses "mega textures" and streams in heavily compressed super high res textures is its selling point and maybe there was trouble making this work well with multi GPU's as well, but I am no expert on this.

I say for the time being for the best performance you will have to disable Crossfire and use one GPU and maybe lower settings, shadows is where I would start. I can't use 8192 shadow resolution in the game it makes the game basically unplayable for me. Dropping down to 4096 shadow res and also PPF from 64 to 32 and disabling vsync makes the game run butter smooth.

12. kysioo_nl

kysioo_nl Guest

GPU:
    HD-5970
    But, that's the lesson that i've learned over the years with my 5970, multi gpu always causes problems :bang: luckily upgrade is soon to come :p

13. kysioo_nl

kysioo_nl Guest

GPU:
    HD-5970
    You just got to the centre of the problem, that ****in engine was ment for old-gen consloes that lack memory, but my advice is to override in ccc AA to forced 4X, then make Anizo also like 4 (depending on what u like) and suddently it begins to work smoother, the optimalization is seriuosly wrong where AMD is concerned. so maybe therese gonna be update after all

14. crybrant

crybrant Guest

GPU:
    16GB kingston
    thank you for sharing

15. SWEBarb

SWEBarb Active Member

GPU:
    Evga Geforce GTX 750 Ti
    i have same problem, nothing works vector 2d, latest beta of msi afterburner and nvidia drivers.. no go? help...