D3DOverrider - Unstable FPS with Vsync

Discussion in 'Rivatuner Statistics Server (RTSS) Forum' started by machala, Mar 12, 2014.

1. machala

machala Guest

GPU:
    12GB
    Hello,

I have an AMD graphics card and I'm using D3D overrider from the riva tuner package to force vsync in one of the games I play (namely it is TS2014). However I have the following problem: when I use SSAA anti-aliasing in-game (which provides the best results in terms of picture quality) when the FPS get below 30 with Overrider's vsync on the fps never drop down directly to 20 (as I would expect), but settle around intermediate values and additionally they often perform some kind of "fast-switching" between two FPS values (like switching between 23 and 24 very fast). I then can feel that the game is microstuttering in such cases, which is quite annoying. I know that on my laptop's NVidia if I force vsync in the NVidia control panel, this does not happen and FPS in this game drop down to stable 20 when they cannot stay at 30.

I am also capping FPS at 30 as a command-line option for the game; without it the game is microstuttering even with values above 30 where FPS are quickly going up and down. It simply seems that D3DOverrider is not enforcing the fps that would be a division of 60 (30, 20, 15...), which my other nvidia is doing. Additionally, if I turn triple buffering on, the "fast-switching"and therefore microstuttering almost stops, but then I get a different kind of stuttering at 30 fps where neraby objects stutter (or "jump") from time to time while without tribuffering if I reach 30 fps the simulation is silky smooth.

My question is: have you ever encountered this? Is there a way how to remedy this and have a similar behavior to nvidia vsync?

Thank you very much!

2. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Try DXTory frame rate limiter.

Also, whats the actual spec of your pc.