GTX1080, Oculus Rift, freezing crashing.

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Thug, Jul 15, 2016.

1. Thug

Thug Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    I keep getting crashes with my Gigabyte GTX1080 Gaming.

I use it mainly with my Oculus Rift and it has been working great for the week or so I have had it.

I loaded Dirt Rally yesterday and it played fine at first, then I played it a while later and it would just freeze and the screen image would lock up. It would show the picture as a photo but I could still hear the game.

I can get out of it easily enough and re-run it, but no matter what I play now (Rift or monitor) its just locks up again.

I tried uninstalling the drivers and cleaned the system using DDU in safe mode, before putting them back on again.

I heard that if you remove Nvidia Experience and make a few chances in Nvidia control panel (Manage 3d settings and Configure surround, PhysX) then it should sort it.

I did this and it worked again for a lot longer, but again crashed eventually

I have a decent size PSU (Corsair Gold 850w), so that's not the issue.

I have uninstalled Oculus Home (and loaded the new firmware too on both the Rift and Graphics card).

I am getting the following errors.

This one I am getting all the time...
    [​IMG]

This one I have seen a couple of times only...
    [​IMG]

These are my specs (ignore the drivers, I am now using the newest, but tried the last 3)...

[​IMG]

I am running 2 monitors as well as my Rift (have the CV1 now, but had the DK2), which I have ran for many years without issues.

I have a 30" Dell and a 28" Viewsonic.

When I had my 970 both monitors where connected via DVI and my main monitor the Dell always showed the PC booting up and was my main monitor once in Windows.

Now, using my 1080 it only has one DVI, so I connect my Viewsonic to that (its an older monitor) and I connect my Dell to the Display Port and my Rift to HDMI (as it was with the 970).

When I start my PC it boots on my Viewsonic, but still has the Dell as the main once in windows.

Is there any way of changing the Dell to show boot up instead on the VS?

I have disconnected one to see if that helped, but it didn't.

My mobo is a Gigabyte UD-4, which has all up to date drivers too (including the bios).

Last edited: Jul 15, 2016
  2. Wagnard

Wagnard Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Geforce GTX 1080
    Try with the latest 368.81 driver.

3. HellSpawn2097

HellSpawn2097 Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX4080 S
    TS stated:

These are my specs (ignore the drivers, I am now using the newest, but tried the last 3)...