Wolfenstein: The New Order

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by ALien8ed, May 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Yeah, it's nothing top end... but, I'd need to do a full mobo/CPU upgrade to really move to a new GPU.

But, this will be a definite step up from my 460 and I'll be able to kill some Nahtzees in Wolfenstein in two weeks.

2. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    On behalf of all of us Guru's Damien we'd like to extend our gratitude to both your wife and the emergency cc. It was touch and go there for a moment BUT WE MADE IT THROUGH THE FINAL DAY OF DAYS. YES! :banana:

Enjoy it my friend. ;)

3. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    Your wife understands it perfectly :banana:

4. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Yes. :D
    Now, bring on Wolfenstein: The New Order.

5. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
  6. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Any leaks on Doom4 beta screens etc anything?

7. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/254kiq/hey_riama_im_jens_matthies_creative_director_for/

Nobody posted this? Pusheen is on the case :p

Q:How long is the campaign going to be? Especially if a player takes their time and collect's everything, how long on average would it take to complete the game?

A:If you collect everything and explore everywhere I think a single play through could end up close to 20 hours. But there's also lots of incentive to make a second play through, especially to explore the alternate time line.

Q: Will we see what happened to the Japanese after the war in Wolfenstein: The New Order?

A: It's not something we go deeply into in this game, but if you explore the game world you will discover some information on the fate of Japan.

Q: How much concern is there over how you approach the ***** enemies? In terms of brutality you administer towards them, or just being historically sensitive. Does it make making an FPS easier?

A: Well, above all we wanted to make the best Wolfenstein game possible. The game is of course completely fictionalized and over the top, but we wanted the sense of oppressive ***** horror feel authentic.

Q: Riddick EfBB - director's cut audio commentaries (often podcast length) and videos were one of the best (if not THE best) special edition bonuses ever to happen in video games. You should consider doing someting like that with this or future titles by MachineGames

A: Thanks! As you can tell once I start talking, I don't stop :) I would love to do it again, it's more a matter of finding room for it in the schedule.

Q: If Carmack or Romero played this game, do you think they would be proud? I mean, i bet you guys replayed Wolfenstein 3D to capture the original feel of the game.

A: I think so. This game is our love letter to id Software and the shooters we grew up with, so I hope they'll like it. I don't think they will be expecting such a developed story line though ;)

Q: From the gameplay we saw, you can choose to kill either Wyatt or Fergus at the very beginning, how does it affect the game in the long run? Different locations? Dialogue between characters? What would it be?

A: Well, I don't want to give any spoilers, but it changes the vibe of the story to a degree and alters the gameplay somewhat. We think of it as an alternate ending, but instead of it just affecting the final cinematic, it affects the tone of the whole game a little bit.

Q: Hi Jens.Will there be an another Twitch stream before the game comes out? If yes, when? Thank you.

A: Yes! There will be a final one on Monday, the 19th.

Q:What do you think is the MOST badass thing in the game?

A: Sooo many options! A fully upgraded Laserkraftwerk is very, very badass :)

Q: What can you say about the development of the game on the consoles? Did the eSRAM cause any issues for you guys on Xbox One? Basically will the graphical difference be minimal across both platforms?

A: Compared to the last console transition this one was a breeze. There are always tricky technical problems when developing games, but we have some amazingly skilled brains on those problems and I'm happy to report that Wolf will run with minimal visual disparity at 60fps/1080p on all platforms.

Q: So, how open is the game? When I think of old school shooters, I think of the complex maze like level design. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Q6UQ2QlRH0

A: The openness of levels is one of the old school things we're bringing back with Wolfenstein: The New Order.

Q: Is Stealth going to be forced or will it be optional in Wolfenstein?

A: On the rarest of occasions you'll be forced to approach a scenario either using stealth or armed combat, but at all other times the player is free to decide for themselves.

Q: Will the new game be story driven (many hours of gameplay) with long term replay value, or will we have to rely on multiplayer to get any value out of it?

A: This game is exclusive single player. But we've built in lots of replay value. Most notably is that the player makes a choice early on the outcome of which opens up an alternate time line which changes the vibe of the story. It's recommended to do a second play through and see what would have happened if you chose differently.

Q & A: Wolfenstein: The New Order allows complete key binding freedom to PC players.

Q: What are the influences of the previous Wolfenstein games? Could we see some places from Wolf3D, RtCW or even Wolfenstein in the new game?

A: Many of the choices we've made have been extrapolations based on the foundational ideas in Wolf 3D.

Q & A: Wolfenstein: The New Order is constructed to play as a complete stand alone game, but it will also work as a sequel to previous titles in the series where possible.

Q: I remember reading about W:TNO when you were first revealing it, and being very excited about an opening scene involving a ***** officer interviewing you with a deck of cards. It sounds like a very tense non-combat encounter not unlike the opening of Inglorious Basterds, one of my all time favorite scenes in any film. My question is this: is this encounter still in the game, and will there be more of these tense, non-combat encounters in the game?

A: Yes, and yes! I don't want to give spoilers, but we work a lot with the pacing of the game. We think of it more as an action adventure than a straight up shooter. Although it is very heavy on the action ;)

Q: Will there be as many hidden switches and gold bars behind paintings of Hitler in The New Order?

A: Oh yeah, it wouldn't be Wolfenstein unless there was tons and tons of hidden stuff to find :) Thank you for the kind words!

Q: How many weapons are there in the game and how many can be dual wielded?

A: Essentially all weapons in the game can be dual wielded, except the mounted guns and the Laserkraftwerk.

Q:Will the game take a linear approach to the missions like most modern shooters do or will it be more map design per level oriented, like the old games?

A: Wolfenstein: The New Order is a lot more old school with much less linear map design than most other modern games.

Q: I'm an IP attorney at a software company, but I struggle with my own company's investment in "loss prevention" and "rights management" tools. As a software developer, what's your plan to address (or work with) software piracy that so many other software vendors and studios worry about?

Do you think that investing man hours in development of and implementation of DRM systems is a healthy use of limited software development time and resources?

A: I'm sorry, I don't care about any of that stuff ;) All I care about is making the best possible video games I can. :flip2:

8. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    It does sound pretty good based on that Q&A, will wait and see if it turns out ok.

Still looks like a good laugh for a day or so though, can see it getting repetitive after that though, games like Serious Sam 3 and Shadow Warrior made me realise I don't like old school shooters as much as I thought I did.

9. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    My concern is the story they keep talking about. If it's about a woman (Anya something?), then **** that. That would be like playing doom and having doom guy cry over a pet hamster he can't find and goes on a rampage. Something like Metro Last Light would be ok.

I can get it for $39 but I'm not too sure. Pretty much everything they've said has been encouraging but I don't want to play the derp in shining armour.

10. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Well there was this pet bunny the doom guy had...
    (Which was completely irrelevant to the story and gameplay minus one short cutscene at the end, heh.)

Haven't followed this game much so I don't really know what to expect, will have to see for myself once it's released.

11. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    OMG haha :D Didn't know that!

Well they've been keeping the story close to their chest and the only way we will know anything about it before launch will be through PS360 copy leaks I guess. Anyway, I gave in. I just needed something new :O I bought it for $39. I hope the game does well.

12. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    20 hours isn't any longer than your typical CoD campaign, at least if you play it the way they describe it (with all the exploring, collecting and so on). I needed just as long to complete CoD Black Ops and find all hidden intel, do the achievements and so on.

Curious how the "old school" part plays out. With today's knowledge and experience I can't go back to games like Serious Sam or Duke Nukem, but I also don't like the "pure" rail-type things.

13. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    This guy says he has played it for a couple of hours, maybe you might get some idea. From the look of it, it's mainly the presence of secrets and the ability to bypass a combat encounter or gain an advantage and not actual mazes or arenas like doom and serious sam.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FS2_maInRLk

14. mitzi76

mitzi76 Guest

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    Looks pretty good but think i'll get this when I upgrade Gpu...or leave for a sale...

Does it have co-op? (thats something i'd really like to see well done in a ww2 genre game...maybe sniper elite v3).

Reason am not too keen on this is am more an authentic ww2 fan..

15. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    The story isn't about Anya. She is a main character in the story, but the game doesn't revolve around her.

The story is BJ trying to stop the *****'s and save the world. Standard Wolfenstein story, but they've added more supporting characters and given BJ more personality.

16. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    I just hope they don't completely destroy the nazis, I want them to leave some open ending for sequels. I mean, this game looks really, really good, I don't think I was so hyped about a sp shooter since Bioshock: Infinite (and we all know how that ended sadly, Irrational Games closed...).

17. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    The stealth part near the start reminds me a lot of Thief

Looks a good game though, looking forward to this one

18. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    I hope you're right. I really don't want to be told that the princess is in another castle by Hitler.

[​IMG]

19. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    The stream has shown she is important to BJ because she took care of him, and later footage shows him saving her not long after that.

She plays a part in the story, but the main bulk of the story is taking down Deathshead and the Nazis.
    And I seriously doubt this game will end the Nazis forever. We haven't seen Himmler since RtCW, and then there's Hilter, plus (like Deathshead) the chance they'll create a new antagonist for the Wolf universe.

20. Teisco

Teisco Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte Auros 1080Ti
    Where are you guys getting this for $39 ?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.