eVGA6800 - Unlocking pipes gives me red artifacts, no oc

Discussion in 'RivaTuner Advanced Discussion forum' started by november, Sep 26, 2005.

1. november

november New Member

GPU:
    eVGA 6800/ ATI 9700 Pro
    I just got my eVGA 6800 in. I used Riva 15.7 to unlock the pipes and VS's...I get red triangles, is there anyway to solve this?....Should I try another 6800 card, should I go up to the GT? I can spare the extra 40$ and such, but I would prefer to unlock and OC it and not spend the extra cash.

As well I'm unable to OC this card in RT. It says the internal test failed please lower frequencies.....If I lower the MHz a bit on either it still won't take it, so I don't know where to go from there either. I do appreciate any input and help.

Nic
    -ciao

2. Vole

Vole Master Guru

GPU:
    6800PCI-E/256mb/464:895
    if you can afford the 6800 gt get it, it already had the pipes and vertex shaders as well as ddr3 memory

3. november

november New Member

GPU:
    eVGA 6800/ ATI 9700 Pro
    Does that come in AGP though? I don't have a PCIe board....

[edit]
    I found it in AGP....but damn is that expensive, 289 is a hundo more than I got this unworkin' POS for. I don't think I'm ready to drop 300 on a card just yet. If anything I'll try to get them to send me out a new one. What of my OC'ing conflict? I don't know why I can't OC it. Any suggestions?

Ciao

Last edited: Sep 26, 2005
  4. Dr. Vodka

Dr. Vodka Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 290 Tri-X
    The pipelines you unlocked are damaged. There's nothing you can do to that.

Can you OC when the other pipes are locked?

5. november

november New Member

GPU:
    eVGA 6800/ ATI 9700 Pro
    Yes I can, but for bf2 it seems as if my 9700pro ran better than this POS.....I'm in the works to get a new 6800 and hopefully it won't have damaged pipes or the shader, because my buddy runs bf2 smooth as silk :)

6. mhdomino

mhdomino New Member

GPU:
    eVGA 6800 unlocked
    My eVGA 6800 unlocked perfectly and I went from a 9700 to this and the difference is simply amazing before AND after unlocking the pipes. Why are you slandering the card because you got one from a batch where the extra 4 pipes were damaged? You got exactly what you payed for... 12 working pipes.

7. november

november New Member

GPU:
    eVGA 6800/ ATI 9700 Pro
    Okay, I didn't post what my situation was to be patronized by you, and because I said it seemed better with the 9700 doesn't mean I think this card is ****, go troll somewhere else.

8. mhdomino

mhdomino New Member

GPU:
    eVGA 6800 unlocked
    I responded in an appropriate mannor. However, the same cannot be said for you.

I didn't patronize you. If you want to see patronized... here is a true attemp to patronize you.

Technologically the 9700 is inferior in every way and the only way you can seem it better for a game that requires MORE out of a grapchics processor is that you are running a) inferior hardware b) you improperly installed the card's software c) both.

Now ofc. c) seems to the correct assumption.

9. november

november New Member

GPU:
    eVGA 6800/ ATI 9700 Pro
    Do you have nothin' better to do? Go "help" someone else, eh?...I didn't come here for your definitions.....and yes you'll come back again and troll some more.

Thanks for the "help", ass

Ciao

10. Lord Banshee

Lord Banshee Master Guru

GPU:
    X1950XT 512 @ FireGL 7350
    There is no way to fix the artifacts, you indeed have bad pipes (hey me too, we are in the 12 pipe club lol)

The only way to get better fps is to overclock when only having 12 stock pipes enabled

And i only noticed a small increase in proformance going from a 9800Pro->6800NU with BF2, but every other game, i mean every other game there was a good difference. Maybe it has something ot do with BF2 like 256+ ram on video card, but not sure, as the move to 128->128 is the bottleneck was the 128MB then you would only see a small increase in proformance.

I have my eVGA6800NU at 375 on the core and 780 on the memory.