After Burner reporting huge Voltage spikes

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Application Development Forum' started by Thorokk, Jan 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thorokk

Thorokk Guest

GPU:
    Radeon 7970x2
    Hi first time poster Just had some questions about the reported voltage in AB.

I have my 7970's set to 1.037 V at 1050 clock speed (trying to see how low I can volt them and still get that clock), And everything runs fine except that Afterburner keeps reporting occasional huge voltage spikes on both cards ranging from 1.300-1.500 V.

Now I know that Afterburner reports real voltages not target ones and that some people freak out when they see how low their voltages drop due to vdroop but this is not a drop it's a very large spike.

It happens on both cards and I have seen posts by a couple of other people with the same issue.

http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1665293&page=10

The guys over at hard forum seem to thinks it's normal/a Software issue but I am not sure so I figured this would probably be the best place to ask.

Thank you in advance for your help.

2. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

Why do you think voltage monitoring option is locked and NOT available by default and why it is separated from voltage control? Try to read context help for options prior to enabling them next time. And cloning the same questions in multiple threads is strongly not recommended.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.