A Solution for a Very Dark Monitor.

Discussion in 'Links' started by Holocron, Oct 5, 2003.

1. Holocron

Holocron Guest

GPU:
    Intel UHD
    I found this great guide on the net that if you read and follow it thoroughly, it will cure your monitor of darkness. And you get to peak inside and finally see whats that thing you're looking at subconsciously right now is made of.

Jokes aside, this guide will help you solve your problem if you've got the contrast and brightness of your monitor set to max and its still dark.

But before you go clicking on the link, I would like to warn you in behalf of the Guru3D staff that we are not responsible if you render your monitor useless(that is, if you make a mistake and destroy it) which is unlikely if you're careful. The guide worked for me the first time around and I didn't have a hard time doing it.

Let me iterate this warning from the guide:
    http://216.239.37.104/search?q=cach...om/guide/tweakmonitor/+monitor&hl=en&ie=UTF-8

Now if you've just had a couple of dozen beers or has been awake for more than 24 hours, I suggest you take a rest.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2003
  2. Neal

Neal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia Ti4200 128mb
    i'll try it after a few cans of diet coke...damn hansol wanna mess wif me...nice linkage anywho

3. BurningAngus

BurningAngus Guest

Heres one
    Download Adobe Photoshop or find Adobe Gamma,run that once and make sure in your startup with msconfig you have it as a preload,boom your darkness is fixed. if you want more info just ask and i'll go more indepth.

4. vf

vf Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATi Radeon™
    Ok go more in depth, when i used Photoshop 5.5 that adobe gramma thing screws up colouring of my print outs when i last used that.

[EDIT] ran that Adobe Gamma, and colour contrast does seem alot better, i use to have problems with this in Photoshop images turning out to dark.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2003

5. BurningAngus

BurningAngus Guest

Ok once you have installed Adobe,goto your control panel Via Start ---> Settings ---> Control Pannel.

Once you are there on the top row near the A's there should be a Icon with the name Adobe Gamma. Double click that keep clicking either continue or it will auto appear at the contrast bar slider where you can adjust it to make a box appear to go insync with grey lines. Once you make it appear how you want(May want to open a image so you can see the adjustments as they take place) and click Ok or cointue,depending which opens up
    Once that happens,save the file as New Contrast. This will keep 2 color profiles for you.

Click Ok or Done and then your half way done.
    To switch between profiles goto your Display Properties then too Settings and click Advanced once. Once your there on the second row deep furthest to the left click Color management. Select New Contrast and click Set as Defualt to make it your new color settings.

Or you can select your old one you didnt overwrite(Right,you didnt overwrite it didi you?)incase something happens.
    Well there you go,thats as much as i know how to use it.

6. Holocron

Holocron Guest

GPU:
    Intel UHD
    Well, actually I never had problems raising the brightness on the driver's settings back when I had a Ti4200.

Anyway, now that I have an ATi card ever since I posted this, I had to do and follow this guide 'cuz the brightness settings for the Catalyst didn't work for me. It worked on games but not on the actual desktop, but I have a new monitor know and I still think this guide is a keeper.

Bottomline is that this should be everyone's last resort, if one is willing to take the risk.

7. GRamirez

GRamirez Active Member

nice site

nice site by the way tweakhadware.com never heard of it before but like it. a learning experience