aftermarket cooler GTX 980Ti

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by blue_kid, Sep 1, 2015.

1. blue_kid

blue_kid Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    I'm looking for a aftermarket cooler for the GTX 980Ti G1
    It doesen't bother me if the card is to hot or not, but the heat coming out for my case ( Cooler Master HAF 922 )
    Do you think that some aftermarket cooler will help ?
    Thank you

2. Tuoni

Tuoni Guest

GPU:
    Denise
    I'm not sure what you're trying to say here...
    The only cooler that blows the heat out of the case is the blower style cooler you find on reference cards.
    I think that the best aftermarket aircooler is the Arctic Accelro Xtreme III (or maybe IV if you're not going SLI). It's a top blower so it will "dump" the heat in the case but it's much, much more silent and cools a lot better than the reference blower style cooler.

3. blue_kid

blue_kid Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Thanks, Tuoni
    My only concern is the heat in the room, when the GPU is under full load.
    I don't want to overclock the GPU, only to have it cooler when it's under full load.
    By the way, i will upgrade soon my old Intel I7 920, and i go for I7 4790K.
    For the cpu i'm going to but the Noctua NH-D15
    Do you think that, with Arctic Accelero Xtreme 4 and Noctua NH-D15 i would have cooler temps inside the case, under heavy load ?
    Thank you, again

4. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    The heat has to go somewhere so even if it doesn't blow out the back of the case, it will blow out where ever your exhaust fans are.

Those items won't decrease the overall temps inside the case, but will decrease the temps of the components they are cooling. What you want is to set your case up with better airflow if its too hot in there.

5. Maz610s

Maz610s Guest

GPU:
    980TI
    ^ This. I have the Accelero Xtreme III myself and can vouch for its awesomeness on my 980TI. I am running a modded "non throttle" bios with 1.256vc and have a consistent overclock of 1503mhz on the core and my load temps under heavy gaming with resolutions between 1440p and 4k are always at 60c. Hottest I have yet to see it get was 62c after many hours of playing a heavily modded TW3 at close to 4k resolution.

Best part about this cooler is that I cannot hear it over my case fans even with it cranked to 100% it is the quietest thing in my case and as long as you have decent case airflow it will take care of dumping the heat out of the case.

Gigabyte nor any of the other companies which offer aftermarket cooling sadly cannot come close to competing with Arctic Coolers.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2015
  6. blue_kid

blue_kid Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    what about warranty ? it's gone, if you install some aftermarket cooling ?

7. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Unfortunately and usually, yes.