Guru 3D SLI Users Guide (Part #2)

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jan 22, 2007.

1. mr_scarface

mr_scarface Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070 GTX
    found the same 660 i own now for 175 with rebate. i ordered it. should be here by the weekend i hope.

2. kingoftrolls88

kingoftrolls88 Guest

GPU:
    2x GTX G80 Lightning 2GB
    Hey guys I'm having so0me trouble with afterburner dispalying my GPU memory usage off the charts at 4194304 for both GPUs when in SLI even when idle. I am using the latest nvidia driver and the latest beta driver of afterburner. Any help would be greatly appreciated! I'm fairly new to SLI and have had a couple hiccups in the road.. Couldnt find any fixes by googling the problem..

3. Stefan_SRB

Stefan_SRB Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX780 Lightning
    If anyone has problems with SLI and fx cpu,it is the fx that causes the problem.I bought intel and all my problems gone!I wrote this because I needed 10 posts for some pics posting,sorry and maybe this will be of help to someone :)

4. Comrade_Jerkov

Comrade_Jerkov Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX1080 G1
    So I've got a new problem. I'm trying to get my computer to boot properly with two 680's.

Both are 2gb models, one reference the other a DCU2. They both work fine individually, but when I boot with them in tandem the computer doesn't boot.

The monitor doesn't receive a signal from the GPU. I've tried with and without the SLI bridge to no avail. My specs are in my sig. The cables seem to work fine and I should have enough power from my corsair psu (850w).

More info, the DVI is plugged into the primary card, which is the Asus. Now since the Asus takes up 3 slots could it be that the other card should be in the PCI-E #2 slot?? I thought it didn't matter.

The fans on both cards are spinning and what not

Last edited: Dec 20, 2013

5. nexus_711

nexus_711 Master Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D GTX 1080 Twin X2
    Hi! I had a similar situation just yesterday. I have one Palit card and got ASUS DirectCU II both 4GB cards. I tried a lot of things even reflashed BIOSes for both of them. I was able to boot in Windows 7 but couldn't run games or tests in full screen it crashed all the time. Then I used a small soft called 'windowed borderless gaming' which I found on Steam forums, so it worked.
    I think you should try to use 1st and 2nd PCIE slots, that's what I use on my ASUS P8Z77 WS. I was told to use 1st and 3rd but performance was less than with one card alone and try to update your motherboard's BIOS to latest. Good luck!

6. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    ^

having a similar problem myself too, my display stays blank sometimes during bootup, yet Windows does start up and I can run games OK. I can't seem to overclock though anymore (could with just one VGA card) but I guess my PSU's running out of juice there.

Anyhow, please post if you find any remedies for this problem. I'll also post if I come up with anything worth trying out.

@superzeus: you cannot SLI two cards with different frame buffers (memory) properly to my knowledge, as "dk_lightning" already mentioned. So I concur with that.

7. tugCREW

tugCREW Member

GPU:
    zotac gtx 480 1.5gb SLI
    when I have the same problem with my z68xp-ud5, updating the bios firmware solve my problem

8. Liomoges_Gamer

Liomoges_Gamer Guest

GPU:
    2 x GTX 780 SLI (2 x 3 GB
    Hey guys - need some help here:

A few months ago, I got my third monitor, and started playing in 5760 x 1200 resolution. When I played Crysis 3 in this resolution, it was super slow (15-15 FPS) with my single GTX780.
    I just purchased and installed another one so now I have 2 x GTX780 SLI.
    Played Crysis 3, and it's even slower! Any idea?
    When I play other games, it's better. When I do a Valley Benchmark at 1920 x 1200 I get a score of 3843 with 91.8 FPS, min: 30.5 FPS, Max 154 FPS. This tells me that the SLI is working.

BTW: no overclocking of anything: memory, CPU or GPUs.

My rig:
    Asus Rampage IV extreme
    i7 3930K
    G Skill Trident K 2400 Mhz DDR3 - 4 x 8 Gigs: 32 gig matched set.
    Gigabyte GTX780 with EVGA GTX780 in SLI.
    Corsair AX860 Platinum PSU
    NZXT Switch 810 case.
    NZXT Kraken X60 280mm x 140mm water cooling system.
    NZXT Hue programmable lighting system
    Samsung 840 Pro 256 Gig SSD
    Seagate 5,000 rpm 4 TB HDD (data drive)
    Seagate USB 3.0 4 TB external hard drive (back-up drive)
    LG Blueray burner
    Three Samsung SyncMaster 2443BW 1920 x 1200 monitors 60 Hz monitors.

9. VultureX

VultureX Banned

GPU:
    MSI GTX970 SLI
    Can you measure your vRAM usage with MSI afterburner?
    Is the game very choppy when running around, but does it produce good average fps after a while if you are standing still in a small environment?

Try lowering texture settings and AA settings and see if you get a dramatic increase in smoothness.

Oh wait, that post is from 1-16, nobody checks out this thread lol.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2014
  10. PurSpyk!!

PurSpyk!! Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Why do the various gpu monitoring tools report my cards in the wrong order, ie card 1 is card 2 etc. In the Nvidia control panel they are listed correclty?

11. lolkusus

lolkusus Guest

GPU:
    GTX 780 3GB
    Can I use 2x gigabyte gtx 780 (not overclocked) on my psu (650 watt, thermaltake) ?

12. zimzoid

zimzoid Guest

GPU:
    2xEVGA980TiSC+(H20) Swift
    No way man that's asking for trouble.. Can you list your complete setup fans etc..

13. lolkusus

lolkusus Guest

GPU:
    GTX 780 3GB
    I got 1x200mm front fan, 2x140mm top fan, and 140mm rear fan. My psu got 140mm fan. Gigabyte gtx 780 has windforce 3x cooling. My cpu is i7 4790k. Motherboard : Gigabyte GA-Z87X-SLI, 16 gb ram - 2x8 gb hyperx. None of theese is overclocked.

14. zimzoid

zimzoid Guest

GPU:
    2xEVGA980TiSC+(H20) Swift
    That maybe pushing that Thermaltake psu to the limit by adding a second gpu especially if the psu is old. 1000w would be more ideal.

15. lolkusus

lolkusus Guest

GPU:
    GTX 780 3GB
    Would 850 watt psu from aerocool, thermaltake or smth. like that, handle theese cards ?

16. cmgver

cmgver Guest

GPU:
    gtx 690
    I've read a lot of ppl with troubles with the 2x gtx 690 sli escalation but didnt find any solution jet :( Please help! How did u solve your problems with ur 2 x gtx 690 quadsli scalation problems? my email es cmgver[at]gmail

My quadsli doesnt work with many games, i have drastically drops of FPS from 130 to 10 in games like battlefield 4 and i cannot use sorround 3 screens in many games too. I discover by accident that when i use no SLI configuration then it works better with no FPS drops, so is not the RAM or CPU.

I bought the two gtx 690 for 3 screen sorround rig, in that moment i had three 27' cinemadisplays but the performance was horrible, i thought it was not possible, but now i have only one screen and the same problems persist :/

My rig is:
    2x gtx 690
    mb asus rampage IV extreme
    cpu 3930k
    4 x 4 gb Tridentx G Skill
    2 x 128 gb ocz vertex 3 RAID 0
    1 x 4 tb western digital caviar black
    monitor Asus swift PG278Q with g-sync
    windows 8.1 64 bits

bios firmware in my 690s are: 80.04.1E.00.90 80.04.1E.00.91

i updated the ASUS RAMPAGE IV EXTREME to the latest bios firmware 4901

Thanks a lot! and i will appreciate any clue of how to solve my problem.
    CM

17. philumax

philumax Guest

GPU:
    GTX 690
    Gtx 570 + engtx570 dcii = sli?

Is it possible? An overcloquée of factory, the other one not.
    I am French and I use a translator. In passing, I am new on the forum.
    Thank you.
    In more.:)

18. Booyaah

Booyaah Guest

GPU:
    2x EVGA GTX 970 FTW 4 GB
    Hi,

What's the easiest way to tell if SLI is actually being used by a game when in full screen? It is kind of a hassle to switch to windowed mode, note the frame rate, cause I know that isn't a 1-to-1 comparison.

19. Killer01WS6

Killer01WS6 Guest

GPU:
    MSI Gaming 970 4G SLI
    Free DL, GPU-Z
    it will give you all of the info needed... I also run Afterburner which will give you lots of info and customization also.

20. Twiddles

Twiddles Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2080 2190-7550
    Edit: Wrong thread