ReShade - Advanced post-processing everywhere (SweetFX)

Discussion in 'Game Tweaks and Modifications' started by CeeJay.dk, Nov 30, 2014.

1. Crosire

Crosire Member Guru

GPU:
    -
    Gosh, this thread grows quickly...
    @All: Please do not post logs as part of your posts anymore, that increases their size way too much, better use services like pastebin or similar. Besides that, please post full tracelogs (check the main ReShade post on how) when encountering strange behaviour, not normal logs. The small logs are nice to figure out common mistakes, but are mostly useless when an actual bug was encountered.

And please keep this thread about ReShade / ReShade + SweetFX / SweetFX, not about issues with other shaders/shader packs. Thank you! =)

This is absolutly normal. ReShade is about post processing which is applied to the whole image and the captured depthbuffer does not contain HUD elements, there is nothing that can be done about it =)

Last edited: Dec 25, 2014
  2. lowenz

lowenz Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GeForce 3060
    Durante's Gedosato can apply (depth) fullscreen effects bypassing HUD (in recent games).
    I have a dream! :D The ultimate tweaking tool: GeDoSaTo+ReShade+pre-D3D8-wrapper-to-DX11 (dgVoodoo / others).

3. kaicooper

kaicooper Guest

GPU:
    GTX 780 SC ACX
    anyone tried it with Wolfenstine new order?

4. Crosire

Crosire Member Guru

GPU:
    -
    By "there is nothing that can be done about it" I meant, "there is nothing that can be done about it with current ReShade". It runs at the end of each frame. GeDoSaTo's post processing does not, but it requires game specific configuration, which I don't like (which is why in ReShade everything is done automaticly without any need to configure).

5. nekrik

nekrik Guest

GPU:
    gtx 1080ti Msi gaming X
    Thanks . Then the effects and reshade compatibility is considered perfect for MKKE and maybe For Injustice Gods Among Us as well.

6. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    Baah... :D This is the correct one:
    http://pastebin.com/yAZXhrWS

7. Dr4Wm4N

Dr4Wm4N Member Guru

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 3090
    I'd like too, I often use it in my SweetFX profiles.

I have done little tests with this Reshade build and several games I play at this time, here is what I noticed (I'm using manual install):

- Assassin's Creed Unity (DX11 64bit): works (with yellow warnings), but SMAA depth edge detection is inoperent, results in no SMAA at all.
    - The Binding of Isaac Rebirth (OGL 32bit): black screen even with no effects activated (the game itself works but you cannot see anything).
    - The Crew (DX11 32bit): same as Assassin's Creed Unity.
    - Red Faction: Guerilla Steam Edition (DX11 32bit): same as Assassin's Creed Unity and The Crew.

EDIT: I forgot to say that this Reshade build isn't Alt-Tab compliant, as it always crashes the game you were playing with (better use borderless fullscreen if you can).

I also tested the new film grain shader, it is so much better than the old one, I like it. :)

Another game I tested:

- Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare (DX11 64bit): works (with yellow warnings), I haven't tested SMAA since the ingame one is enough for me, glitches with videos and loading screens (black screens).

8. MrBeer

MrBeer Member

GPU:
    --
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3Qy-AUnNLyqQlZyN1RzclZQUjg/view?usp=sharing

G:\Games\Origin\Battlefield 4\/SweetFX\Shaders\Tonemap.h(31, 17): warning X3206: implicit truncation of vector type
    G:\Games\Origin\Battlefield 4\Shader@0x00000000489EE9D0(60,7): warning X3206: implicit truncation of vector type

And

G:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty Advanced Warfare\Shader@0x000000002888A4C0(42,10): warning X3571: pow(f, e) will not work for negative f, use abs(f) or conditionally handle negative values if you expect them
    What is this error message mean.

Also thanks for the hard work.
    This is so cool it works on win8.1 again

9. Arioch

Arioch Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080 TI
    I have the black login issue also but since I can finally use SweetFX on the DX11/64-bit version of the game it's a worthwhile tradeoff.

10. nekrik

nekrik Guest

GPU:
    gtx 1080ti Msi gaming X
    I can confirm that Resident evil 5 works just fine with Reshade + Sweetfx 2.0 & Martinsh DOF effect .

Posting some screens!!
    From left to right: Vanilla , Depth Buffer Visualization , SweetFx + DOF effects applied to my liking :)
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

11. CeeJay.dk

CeeJay.dk Guest

GPU:
    Radeon 6870
    No quick fix right now, and Reshade can't analyze the depth buffer and flip it, but I can include an option in the shader settings to flip the depth buffer coordinates.

If anyone wants to fiddle with the code before I get around to it, you need to modify the tex or texcoord values (whatever name the texture coords use).

texcoord.y = 1.0 - texcoord.y; //this will flip the y-coordinates

12. CeeJay.dk

CeeJay.dk Guest

GPU:
    Radeon 6870
    Yes, we did a lot of testing with this .. it was our litmus test to see if a modern 64 bit OpenGL game would work.

It turned out to be really tricky to get to work right but after a LOT of builds it finally worked.

We had this completely working some builds back, although last time I tested it there seemed to be a gamma issue on my radeon 6870 card when I enabled SMAA.

Try it out and see if you get that too .. if you do you can compensate by setting the gamma with the tonemap shader to 0.448

I'll look into it later and see if it's an shader issue or it's reshade.

13. Preacher0815

Preacher0815 Member

I just tried it with Elite: Dangerous, but the game just crashes with no window opening or anything. ReShade doesn't create a log either.

I'm on Win8.1 x64 with all the latest updates installed.

RESHADE VERSION: 0.10.0 Public Beta + SweetFX 2.0 Preview

SHORT DESCRIPTION:
    Elite Dangerous immediately crashes when attempting to start it.

STEPS TO REPRODUCE: (if there are any special ones)
    1) Setup SweetFX via the ReShade setup tool (which recognizes DX10/11 correctly)
    2) Hit "Launch" in the game launcher

ACHIEVED RESULT:
    Game crashes and its watchdog wants to send an error report to the developer (Frontier Developments)

EXPECTED RESULT:
    Game does not crash.

I've also got a crashdump, but I don't really know where to upload it to, at least not without registering with yet another service...

14. Cyb3r

Cyb3r Guest

GPU:
    Evga Gtx680 2gb Signature
    got reshade to work on swtor and i did figure out what causes the white screen
    anarion i'm going to guess your forcing smaa in the nvidia driver?

crossire is there a way to stop reshade from crashing if there's forced smaa in the driver panel? (swtor kinda needs it and sweet fx smaa while good doesn't beat sparsegridsupersampling)

Last edited: Dec 26, 2014
  15. ninjafada

ninjafada Guest

GPU:
    pny 670
    i have two problems

with world of warcraft if i use reshade i have a black screen instead of the loading and character selection
    if i press entrer i log in the one selected, then i can logout i see the list on the right
    but the character is not rendered
    the log doesn't give any info about that

2nd problem is with SMAA with the version i have with boulotaur injector i can have a clean chat text
    but with the one from sweetfx 2.0 the text is dirty
    http://ninjafada.com/sweetfx/wow/wowchat.png

16. robgrab

robgrab Guest

GPU:
    ASUS Strix 1080 8GB
    Has someone started a thread of ReShade screenshots yet? I'm still experimenting but so far I'm VERY impressed with my results. I'd love to see what the pros are able to do.

17. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    I assume you mean forced FXAA. I'm not forcing it, it's disabled.

EDIT:
    I think I had D3DOverrider enabled though... Need to check again.
    EDIT2:
    No difference.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2014
  18. PandaSushi

PandaSushi Guest

GPU:
    GTX 780
    Punkbuster is kicking players in bf4 when using reshade,reason is "Multiple Direct3D loaded".Looks like reshade isn't an option for multiplayer games.:thumbdown

19. Dr4Wm4N

Dr4Wm4N Member Guru

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 3090
    I've played Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare multiplayer yesterday with my new Reshade + SweetFX profile and I haven't been kicked (yet?), but CoD:AW is not using PunkBuster.

20. nekrik

nekrik Guest

GPU:
    gtx 1080ti Msi gaming X
    Posting some screens of MKKE with reshade and Marty McFly's Master effects collection.
    Have to say like them a lot.
    Thanks Marty and of course Crosire and Ceejay for your tremendous work.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]