What should i upgrade on my pc?

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by djmik21, Nov 15, 2014.

1. djmik21

djmik21 Guest

GPU:
    Palit/Gtx 560Ti/1gb
    Hey guys i like gaming. As you can see from my setup i go for bang for the buck hardware and try to get the most out of them. I am playing with 1080p monitor so there is no point in anything really extreme.

I see some really awesome games getting released like AC:unity , far cry 4 and gta V which most probably wont be playable on my current pc. All in all i am very happy with my setup because it is really fast on every day use and also i just finished Assassins creed iv black flag with respectable performance.

I was thinking of upgrading my gpu to a more powerful one but i don't know if my cpu will at least give me playable frames in these games ... I can oc to 3.5ghz safely with my cooler so i am hoping it will help a little.
    What do you guys think? Will future games be playable with a gpu upgrade?
    I;m looking at the amd r9 280x or 290. The nvidia gpus at those price points don't seem that good.

Thank you all.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2014
  2. BUFDUP

BUFDUP Guest

i reckon upgrade gpu first

3. CalculuS

CalculuS Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1660Ti
    r9 280x will give you reasonable performance increase, as far as the cpu will allow it.

Forget about Far Cry 4/AC:unity, they will be unoptimized as hell and unplayable.

4. clawhamer

clawhamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 780 Classified
    I have a 760 running at 4GHz and it's still a capable processor. Depending on the game/settings there will be times it'll be the limiting factor.

Matched with a 680 gpu it's a fairly balanced rig. I'd go with a 290 if I knew I was going to replace the cpu/mb within a reasonable time frame.

5. jbmcmillan

jbmcmillan Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte G1 GTX970
    That is the most sensible post I've seen here in a while.Most people like to say don't get xx card as it will be a waste with that cpu totally ignoring people are upgrading totally in a short period of time.

6. djmik21

djmik21 Guest

GPU:
    Palit/Gtx 560Ti/1gb
    Thank you all for the answer. I think i will go through with the upgrade.