How to record skype call?

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Application Development Forum' started by GhostWriter, Feb 25, 2012.

1. GhostWriter

GhostWriter Guest

GPU:
    ATI Radeon HD 4800 Series
    Okay. my msi afterburner wont record skype calls. Im trying to record mw2 gameplay. And i have a skype call with my friend, we wanna do live commentay. but msi afterburner only records game and hes voice. Afterburner wont record my voice what im talking to microphone :(

2. bdub5886

bdub5886 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 G1 Gaming
  3. GhostWriter

GhostWriter Guest

GPU:
    Thank you. but when i hit record. MSI Afterburner needs to record mine and my friend voice .

4. bdub5886

bdub5886 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 G1 Gaming
    It should record your friends voice by default. When I hit record it records other players voices including skype (as it worked for me on skype). The video shows how to record your voice along with that.

5. GhostWriter

GhostWriter Guest

GPU:
    Okay i got i work took me a while. But what is that multi threaded optimization in video record tab? It is set to automatic, but what it means or what i does when change it to 1 compression threads or like 8 compression threads. Also in the 14 beta version. under the multi threaded optimization theres some new thing called "Crop video dimensions to make it multiples of 16, whats this :O ? . sorry im new to this thing :/

6. bdub5886

bdub5886 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 G1 Gaming
    Just leave it on automatic, when recording mjpeg it uses cpu cycles. It uses very little resources though.

Quote for internet:
    The benefit of MJPEG is that it requires very low CPU use. The downside is that storage and bandwidth use can be quite high.

The video quality is good, but you need to convert it to mp4, h.264 to compress it. It will take up GB of your harddrive because of file size.

The video cropping has to do with different third party codecs that some people use that can cause issues with compatibility. If you are not using anything other than windows built in codecs than you can just uncheck it.

edit:
    Also check out youtube for msi afterburner tutorials done by users, it can be helpful when first starting out using any application.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2012
  7. GhostWriter

GhostWriter Guest

GPU:
    Yes thanks i know how to record. I use the RTV1 codec becauze its the best for me, gives no lag and very little frame drop with 100% quality and 30FPS. okay i uncheck it and leave other to automatic. I was just scared about those new settings nothing more :)

8. wipple

wipple Guest

GPU:
    ddf