Guru3D.com Forums

Go Back   Guru3D.com Forums > Videocards > Videocards - AMD Radeon Catalyst Drivers Section
Videocards - AMD Radeon Catalyst Drivers Section In this section you can discuss everything AMD Catalyst related. Catalyst drivers are for all AMD based graphics cards and APUs.

Old
  (#51)
22JHP

Videocard: Asus 380 4GB
Processor: Fx8320 4.5 ghz
Mainboard: Gigabyte 990 UD5
Memory: 16gb 1600 mhz LP
Soundcard: X-Fi
PSU: Cougar 850w
Default 06-20-2017, 09:05 | posts: 18 | Location: Turkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by LocoDiceGR View Post
we have the same card, i dont have any problem.
thank you.

Old
  (#52)
AlleyViper
Master Guru

Videocard: MSI RX 480 Gaming X 8G
Processor: PHII 965BE @4.0GHz
Mainboard: DFI LP DK 790FXB-M3H5
Memory: 2x4GB Crucial 1866C9
Soundcard: SB Z
PSU: RM750
Default 06-20-2017, 22:46 | posts: 276

Quote:
Originally Posted by garyb View Post
Yes that worked
Cool!
Only today I could check on my RX480, but GPU load seems OK on both AB and GPU-Z. Might be RX580/70 related only.

PS: Forgot to mention, but idle bug is still present on a 7870, nothing new about that.

Old
  (#53)
RzrTrek
Maha Guru

Videocard: RX580 (8GB)
Processor: i5-7600K
Mainboard: PRIME Z270-A
Memory: 16GB
Soundcard: ALCS1220A
PSU: RM750x
Default 06-25-2017, 16:15 | posts: 884 | Location: Stockholm, Sweden

It's funny how a GTX 1060 outperforms my RX580 in Tekken 7 by ~20% at 2160p, but I suppose that's to be expected considering it's an "Nvidia title", but it's still very disappointing and I had hoped AMD's drivers had matured over the years.

Old
  (#54)
Chastity
Master Guru

Videocard: Sapphire Nitro 390 BP
Processor: Intel i7 950@4GHz
Mainboard: Rampage III Black X58
Memory: 6GB Dominators 1600
Soundcard: X-Fi USB HD
PSU: CM Silent Gold 1200
Default 06-25-2017, 16:58 | posts: 525

Quote:
Originally Posted by RzrTrek View Post
It's funny how a GTX 1060 outperforms my RX580 in Tekken 7 by ~20% at 2160p, but I suppose that's to be expected considering it's an "Nvidia title", but it's still very disappointing and I had hoped AMD's drivers had matured over the years.
Blame the devs who are using NV proprietary calls, and forcing AMD cards to have to execute these calls in software.

Old
  (#55)
robnitro

Videocard: XFX RS RX 480 8gb
Processor: i5 -2500k @ 4.5ghz
Mainboard:
Memory:
Soundcard:
PSU: 600 W Evga
Default 06-25-2017, 20:16 | posts: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chastity View Post
Blame the devs who are using NV proprietary calls, and forcing AMD cards to have to execute these calls in software.
Pure laziness or manipulation? When I think of nvidia, it's both. They're never innovative nor fair.

Old
  (#56)
ObscureangelPT
Master Guru

Videocard: Gigabyte HD 7850 OC
Processor: AMD Phenom II X4 945 @3.6
Mainboard: Asus M4A785TD-M EVO
Memory: 4x2GB Gskill 1333@1600MHZ
Soundcard: Creative Fatality HeadSet
PSU: Corsair TX-650W
Default 06-25-2017, 22:02 | posts: 349 | Location: Portugal

Quote:
Originally Posted by robnitro View Post
Pure laziness or manipulation? When I think of nvidia, it's both. They're never innovative nor fair.
Not really

Unreal Engine 4 gives advantage to nvidia because Tim (Owner of Epic) always had a big connection with nvidia since the time that Unreal Tournament 3 even had 2 exclusive levels to Nvidia PhysX users. lol.

Tim never cared about AMD and it's completelly against microsoft too.

People talk Gameworks like it's the fault for everything, gameworks it is usually optional in many games, the problem with unreal 4 is that most shadows and lightining and shaders and GPU Particles were made with support of Nvidia, also GPU particles was a nvidia PhysX feature, but Nvidia had open source it to Unreal Engine 4 and as been re-written.

Not all gameworks is a thread to AMD, PhysX is used in most games as Rigid Physics and cloth and it is processed by the CPU nowadays.
Also Waveworks simulation it is also CPU.

Most of the GPU PhysX are rarely used in games, only Godrays, HBAO+ and HFTS/PCSS are nvidia tech that really punishs AMD cards lately and in most games it can be disabled.

The problem is, most engines were developed with support of nvidia or aiming for nvidia first, since they have the biggest share of market, remember that the laptop market is huge comparing to desktop, and nvidia have pretty much a big market there.

Nvidia have been making tons of **** towards AMD, but I can't really blame nvidia for colaborating with engines and deliver more and more libraries that can avoid weeks of work to the devs.
AMD have some of this libraries as well, but they are not as easy to implement, and devs nowadays want things fast and working, you can call it lazy, but time is money and not all the devs want to waste time/money when they have a solution for something that works for the biggest GPU brand of the market and also works for the red team but with less performance.

AMD needs to be more aggressive with their GPU Open initiative and offer more libraries and more easy ways to directly implement on the most famous engines.
For me the only good libraries that AMD have it is the AMD CHS and the AMD Pure Hair, aside from that they have nothing, also Nvidia have PCSS too and can be ran on AMD, and they also have hairworks which in my opinion it fails agains pure hair.
Aside from that Nvidia have libraries for a ton of effects nowadays for almost every effect.

Cheers

Last edited by ObscureangelPT; 06-25-2017 at 22:17.

Old
  (#57)
OnnA
Ancient Guru

Videocard: Nitro Fiji-X HBM 1150/570
Processor: ZEN x8 k17 + Nepton 280L
Mainboard: ASUS Crosshair VI Hero
Memory: 16GB 3200 CL16 1T Ripjaws
Soundcard: SB-z Nichicon + Wood 5.1
PSU: Seasonic-X 750W Platinum
Lightbulb 06-26-2017, 13:41 | posts: 2,871 | Location: HolyWater Village

Quote:
Originally Posted by RzrTrek View Post
Try this: <- It's second [3] Post in my Main Thread: SweetFx etc...

[11] TEKKEN 7 Tweaks

TEKKEN 7 suffers from some ridiculous Chromatic Aberration effects (when Post-Processing is set to High or Ultra). They are so ridiculous that make the entire screen look way too blurry. As such, we strongly suggest using the following guide in order to disable it.

Head to Users/*user*/AppData/Local/TekkenGame/Saved/Config/WindowsNoEditor/

Open up ‘Scalability.ini’.
This file will be blank. Simply add the following commands

[PostProcessQuality@2]
r.SceneColorFringeQuality=0
r.Tonemapper.GrainQuantization=0[PostProcessQuality@3]
r.SceneColorFringeQuality=0
r.Tonemapper.GrainQuantization=0
Save the file and make it as a “Read Only” file.

Tekken working Great on my Fury 1440p 60FPS all't'time Ultra + AA + Tweak + SweetFX (at 1000/565 -10%Pow 1.164v)

Last edited by OnnA; 06-26-2017 at 13:44.

Old
  (#58)
JonasBeckman
Ancient Guru

Videocard: Sapphire R9 Fury OC
Processor: i7-3930K @ 4.1Ghz
Mainboard: Asus Rampage IV Extreme
Memory: Corsair Vengeance 16GB
Soundcard: Asus ROG Phoebus
PSU: Corsair AX 1200W
Default Yesterday, 15:31 | posts: 13,092 | Location: Sweden

The AMD Frontier driver is out now with the GPU launching, doubt there's anything new for modding these for older GPU models but who knows.
(From: http://pro.radeon.com/en-us/product/...river-download )

http://support.amd.com/en-us/downloa...indows+10+-+64

Quote:
Release Notes

Driver for Radeon™ Vega Frontier Edition 17.20 Highlights

Release Notes
Fixed Issues

This is the inaugural driver for RadeonTM Vega Frontier Edition. There are no preceding issues to be fixed.

Known Issues

When running ReLive Pro, the cursor is not visible. The cursor is only visible when the user has switched to gaming mode
When switching between Pro Mode and Gaming Mode, Timeout Detection and Recovery (TDRs) have been observed with multiple display configurations
When numerous displays are used, there is an unlikely event where the driver does not complete installation
During sleep and resume, after multiple instances, a blue screen hang has been observed
Specific to Linux users, infrequent system hangs have been observed with 2015 Formula One
During sleep and resume, a user may experience a TDR when instant replay is enabled
Intermittent stuttering has been observed with Unigine Heaven in extreme cases
System hangs have been observed in stressful situation in some applications when in CrossFire mode
When using 8K displays, occasional situations with no display have been observed during sleep and resume
Infrequent hangs have been observed during wake from sleep and resume states
When resume from sleep, OpenGL applications have experienced TDRs
In CrossFire configurations, blue screens have been observed during stressful ACPI testing
When rendering using Blender cycles, users may encounter infrequent iterations of poor performance
With 10 bit displays, users may encounter anomalies in display results
On Z170 chipsets, users may experience infrequent hangs from sleep states. Frequency may depend on system configuration.
In extreme cases with stressful applications, the user may experience performance throttling in thermally stressful situations
When running express install with multiple GPUs installed, the user may experience anomalies, including unexpected system reboots
http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-arti...ase-Notes.aspx

Quote:
Be first. Be the Pioneer

The Radeon™ Vega Frontier Edition is purpose-built to empower a new generation of pioneering creative professionals. By harnessing the power of “Vega” GPU architecture along with Radeon™ Pro Software, developers can be pioneers in game development, designers can be pioneers in visualization using Radeon™ ProRender, and artists can be pioneers in VR content creation.
Be the Pioneer in Game Development

The Radeon™ Vega Frontier Edition graphics card is designed to simplify and accelerate game creation by providing a single GPU that is optimized for every stage of this workflow, from asset production, to playtesting, to performance optimization.
Be the Pioneer in Visualization

Radeon™ ProRender is AMD’s powerful physically-based rendering engine that lets creative professionals use open industry standards to leverage GPU and CPU performance to produce stunningly photorealistic images. Plug-ins and add-ins are freely available for Autodesk® 3ds Max®, Autodesk® Maya®, Blender™, and SOLIDWORKS®.

The Radeon™ Vega Frontier Edition provides the necessary compute performance required to maximize Radeon™ ProRender’s rendering capabilities, including rendering in near real-time to see changes as they are made, and allows creative professionals to produces rapid, accurate, and scalable rendering results from previz to final.
Be the Pioneer in Virtual Reality

Professional workflows are being revolutionized by advanced technologies such as real-time game engines and VR, boosting creativity, enhancing collaboration, and accelerating creative decisions. In addition, a new breed of in-VR content creation tools are making 3D content creation more accessible, simplifying the creation of the next-generation of immersive content.

The Radeon™ Vega Frontier Edition provides an ideal VR experience, with its performance being able to optimize the benefits provided by Unreal Engine’s VR-optimized Forward Renderer, the integration of AMD LiquidVR™ technology, and support for Oculus’ Asynchronous Spacewarp (ASW) and SteamVR’s Asynchronous Reprojection technologies.
Fixed Issues

This is the inaugural driver for RadeonTM Vega Frontier Edition. There are no preceding issues to be fixed.

Known Issues

When running ReLive Pro, the cursor is not visible. The cursor is only visible when the user has switched to gaming mode
When switching between Pro Mode and Gaming Mode, Timeout Detection and Recovery (TDRs) have been observed with multiple display configurations
When numerous displays are used, there is an unlikely event where the driver does not complete installation
During sleep and resume, after multiple instances, a blue screen hang has been observed
Specific to Linux users, infrequent system hangs have been observed with 2015 Formula One
During sleep and resume, a user may experience a TDR when instant replay is enabled
Intermittent stuttering has been observed with Unigine Heaven in extreme cases
System hangs have been observed in stressful situation in some applications when in CrossFire mode
When using 8K displays, occasional situations with no display have been observed during sleep and resume
Infrequent hangs have been observed during wake from sleep and resume states
When resume from sleep, OpenGL applications have experienced TDRs
In CrossFire configurations, blue screens have been observed during stressful ACPI testing
When rendering using Blender cycles, users may encounter infrequent iterations of poor performance
With 10 bit displays, users may encounter anomalies in display results
On Z170 chipsets, users may experience infrequent hangs from sleep states. Frequency may depend on system configuration.
In extreme cases with stressful applications, the user may experience performance throttling in thermally stressful situations
When running express install with multiple GPUs installed, the user may experience anomalies, including unexpected system reboots

Package Contents

Radeon™ Vega Frontier Edition 17.6 installation package contains the following:

Radeon™ Vega Frontier Edition 17.6 with base driver version 17.20.1035.

Product Compatibility

This driver is compatible with the following graphics products:
Radeon™ Vega Frontier Edition

NOTE:

This driver is not intended for use on AMD products running in Apple Boot Camp platforms. Users of these platforms should contact their system manufacturer for driver support.

When installing Radeon Software Drivers for the Windows® operating system, the user must be logged on as Administrator, or have Administrator rights to complete the installation.

Radeon Software drivers require Windows 7 Service Pack 1 to be installed.
Compatible Operating Systems

This 17.6 driver for the RadeonTM Vega Frontier Edition driver is designed to support the following Microsoft® Windows® platforms.

Windows® 10 (64-bit version)
Windows 7 (64-bit version with SP1 or higher)

Last edited by JonasBeckman; Yesterday at 15:33.

Old
  (#59)
OnnA
Ancient Guru

Videocard: Nitro Fiji-X HBM 1150/570
Processor: ZEN x8 k17 + Nepton 280L
Mainboard: ASUS Crosshair VI Hero
Memory: 16GB 3200 CL16 1T Ripjaws
Soundcard: SB-z Nichicon + Wood 5.1
PSU: Seasonic-X 750W Platinum
Talking Yesterday, 17:02 | posts: 2,871 | Location: HolyWater Village

So It is happening

I hope for HBM cache feature for Fury

Old
  (#60)
LIGuitar77
Master Guru

Videocard: ASUS 7790 2GB OC
Processor: Intel Xeon X3230
Mainboard: Intel DQ965MT
Memory: DDR2 PC2-5300 4 GB
Soundcard: MOTU Traveler fw
PSU: Corsair CX600
Default Today, 02:43 | posts: 459

New ASUS GPU Tweak II. All cards can download from this specific link (it's for all): https://www.asus.com/Graphics-Cards/...Desk_Download/