Game of Thrones

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by Mkilbride, Apr 20, 2011.

1. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    All the problems I have with the show aside, this last episode was probably best I've seen yet.

The whole Kings Landing opening sequence with this song,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pS-gbqbVd8c

Was ****ing incredible.

Jons reveal, while expected, was done well. The whole Jon being crowned thing was great - Lady Mormont so strong. Frey pie = best pie.

Sad that the next season will only be 7 episodes, but I think it's good that they are wrapping it up before it runs out of steam. I think overall it will end up topping The Wire for me as best show.

2. demented brave

demented brave Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4090
    it was a good wrap up to the season. got to wait another year now! first i've heard of next season being only 7 eps. kind of a bummer

3. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    Yeah even though the Night's King didn't blow up the wall (yet), this episode, or should I say cerseisode, was AMAZING and sooo satisfying, orgasmic for her that's for sure. And the soundtrack was just spot on.

Coming back to the Night's King though, it looks like now that the north has weakened itself, it's the south's turn. My guess is the whole next season will be about the battles in the south, and just when Daenerys will very likely win (though I would wish Cersei to lol), the wall will go down and the dead will swarm in... having the whole of Westeros unite or go down in a sea of ice. :banana:

4. Bleib

Bleib Guest

GPU:
    MSI RX 480 8GB
    Well now we know why they call it the
    King's Landing

seriously though, he might have become a good king one day as he had empathy but needed still to become stronger

5. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    Wow, 9th episode was so epic and so well made.

But this...
    1st 35 minutes were so atmospheric, artful and scenic.

And rest...
    Oh my... So many things, so well done story wise.
    I did expect everything what did happen, but Tommen taking fall? No.
    Should have seen it coming in moment I knew lunacy is going to burn. He genuinely accepted faith and it was about to be taking from him in harsh way.
    In the end, his fall shows that he did not have most important faith of all. Faith in oneself.

I really like Lyanna Mormont character, so powerful and shaping.

Jon, it was only rational explanation to Eddard's bastard son. I was always laughing at people who though Eddard would have one. It was apparent from what Eddard said about Jon's mother and how he said that.

Arya's graduation... :grad:

And I liked Cersei's outfit. (And I am sure she must have loved it.)
    It is quite sign for next season.
    So good.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2016
  6. scheherazade

scheherazade Ancient Guru

GPU:
    fullHDs
    I think they foreshadowed too much.

(SP?)

Danerys being willing to burn Mereen + not feeling anything when leaving behind her lover = suggests a vindictive/malicious nature = suggests a possible future 'The Mad King' revival.

With Tyrion as her hand, in such a case, you would have a mirror to the past. (Jamie killed her father so he wouldn't burn a city.)

I bet they will put her in a position to burn a city, and Tyrion will have to choose whether or not to kill her.

This is coupled with the possibility if Tyrion being half-Targeryan (father saying 'you're no son of mine', and rumors of affair, and his ability to coax the dragons), and a possible replacement ruler.

Revealing Jon to be half Targeryan subsequently sets up for a second battle of the bastards - Jon vs Tyrion. With a possible upset of Jon taking over the dragons.

In any case, the possibility of Jon or Tyrion having sway over the dragons makes Danerys' supremacy less certain.

The Arya part feels out of place - but that's probably on purpose. Her just showing up and killing can be a device to twist the plot.
    Some characters that were reviled are now reformed, and her being away would mean that she does not know who is on what side. So She could end up being made into an evil character by having her eliminate characters that the overall protagonists would wish to live.

-scheherazade

Last edited: Jun 27, 2016
  7. twtaylor

twtaylor Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12gb
    Tyrion is not a Targarian at all. Tywyn hated him because he was deformed and his wife died in childbirth. He blames him for the loss of his wife. Jamie was not the mad king's hand, he was a member of the king's guard.

8. scheherazade

scheherazade Ancient Guru

GPU:
    fullHDs
    (Re Tyrion/Jamie, titles aside)

There are bits in the books that aren't as apparent in the show. I'm referring to things like this :
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZ4anyro9y4
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...med-tyrion-theory_us_5726f98ae4b0b49df6ababa8
    https://www.qu ora.com/What-is-the-likelihood-that-Tyrion-Lannister-is-secretly-a-Targaryen
    etc.

-scheherazade

9. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    Actually I am looking at a reverse Usurper situation, Jamie a Lannister had to kill the Mad Targarean King because he was more than happy to burn his subjects.

You now have a Lannister as queen, one who has happily used wild fire to do exactly what the Mad King would have done and it is quite obvious that Cersei is slowly but surely losing it, some sort of situation where Jamie has to kill his sister to prevent her doing the same thing??

Whatever we already had a good idea that Cerseri was an evil scheming b*tch but she took it to a whole new level in this one... yet somehow I am glad she got her own back. Can someone confirm bigger main character body count in this episode than the Red Wedding?

Loved the symbology Cersei suddenly decides right as she is about to acquire power that she really really loves the colour black and look who's coming to take her thrown the Queen who is always dressed in white (though weirdly the last scene on the ship she wasn't all in white.)

Well I asked the question a few posts ago about what Littlefingers long term goal was and we finally get a proper answer, I suspected that is what he wanted but it just seemed so utterly unobtainable that I couldn't see how it would happen but it seems he wasn't best pleased with the King In The North, looks like we are going for strike three in the Littlefinger helping the Starks only to screw them over game.

Slightly disappointed in the end only because once the Greyjoys talked about sailing to Mereen I knew that the final scene of this season would be..... well exactly what we got.

So Dany comes across the water to reclaim her thrown, a pointless endeavour since once she dies her house would lose the thrown anyway and if Tyrion is still hand at that time the thrown would return to Lannister control under his regency (the books say she can have no children, not sure if the show has mentioned this) but on top of this you have John Snow being declared King In The North while also being put forward as a Targarean, he's like the perfect combination of blood lines to rule everything.

10. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070

11. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    ^ that is SO awesome, oh my Old God!

12. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    Episodes 9/10 were indeed epic. Parts I enjoyed:

- the masters showing up with their fleet at Mereen and smugly expecting Danerys to surrender to which she replies 'Oh no, you are going to surrender to me'.

- the battle of the bastards and Ramsey tied up in his kennel with his vicious dogs that havent eaten in a week.

-Walder Frey finding out he's been eating a meat pie that contained his sons.

13. mitzi76

mitzi76 Guest

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    Anyone know if there are books that go past the last series? I vaguely remember reading up to around this point.

Oh and we need the Kingkiller chronicles done as a series like GOT NOW!!! :)

If you read the books has the potential to be even better than GOT in my opinion...

p.s no sign of the 3rd book in the series.

If you havent read them get reading!!!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Kingkiller_Chronicle

14. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    Sam Jackson's recap of all 6 seasons. :D

15. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070

16. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    About time, just too bad that there were no White Walkers in this trailer. :(

However Cersei and The Mountain in his new armor made me nerdgasm (and ofc the dragons!)! :nerd:

17. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    I care for:
    Arya Stark = 25/10 (Yes, I have cheat mode for her character.)
    Jon Targaryen = 9/10
    Sandor Clegane, Brienne of Tarth = 8/10
    Tyrion T. Lannister & Daenerys Targaryen = 7/10
    Yara & Theon Greyjoy = 6/10
    Jaime Lannister, Tormund Giantsbane = 5/10

18. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
  19. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    That's funny because Arya is the least interesting character to me and I have read the books too. I just don't like her character all that much. And they glossed over Yara too much. She is an amazing character. Sandro and Tyron are still the most interesting mains left in the story. After the revelation of Jon's lineage his character lost its appea. Now still wondering what direction they will take with Bran.

20. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    ^ Same for me, these 2 are my favorites. Tyrion will probably be the last man standing (or one of them) by the end of the show/books. I'm also really, REALLY hoping that they make Sandor Clegane to be the new Azor Ahai. It would be so badass, but I realize chances are very low, especially with the show's tendency to oversimplify things.