rivatuner 2.08 + COD4 punkbuster prblms

Discussion in 'Rivatuner Statistics Server (RTSS) Forum' started by edg5000, Apr 1, 2008.

1. edg5000

edg5000 Member

GPU:
    evga 9600gt 512 superclocked
    so i installed (but did not mess with) the new rivatuner 2.08 and now i am getting kicked from cod4 for various reasons every time, all by punkbuster. on install, there is a checkbox which they say to leave clicked if you use punkbuster, and i did, but i am still having problems. if i didnt, how do i make the fix manually, and if i did, what is the problem?

i uninstalled rivatuner upon having this problem for many hours, then updated pb client and still nothing. i know this problem is rivatuner because before i installed it, i have never had a pb problem. please help!!! thank you.

2. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

I know this problem is PBs crappy code. So ask PB devs, not me. These are not RT problems and I'm absolutely not gonna do Evenbalance's job again.

3. edg5000

edg5000 Member

GPU:
    i understand you do not want to fix something that isnt broken on your software, but please understand, i was fine before messing with rivatuner. im not saying fix the program, i just want to fix my system so i dont have this problem, even if it means i cannot use rivatuner. can you help me?

4. Unwinder

Help with what? You've unsinstalled RT and still see a problem. I repeat once again - it is not RT's issue, contact Evenbalance.
    And please, never mess with RT again in future.

5. RallyImprezive

RallyImprezive New Member

Instead of simply updating the PB client, completely uninstall it.

www.evenbalance.com has all the information you need.

If you want to use Rivatuner, try this.
    1. Uninstall PB completely
    2. Install RivaTuner
    3. Install PB.

Its a shot in the dark, but who knows.

Alternatively, you can install RT, determine the optimal OC settings that work, then use nibitor to flash the card's bios, and make those setting permanent, then you can remove RT.

Unwinder - I know its tough to support everyone, and I agree that this fellow's problems are not your own. BUT, it almost seems as though you are getting more upset than is reasonable.
    He did not say anything negative about your code, or the work you have done.

But regardless, PB was fine before, and after RT, it was not fine. You dont have to FIX PB's shenanigans, but some insight into what changes RT makes to the system may help US determine the best course of action to deal with PB. After all, no one understands that working of RT as well as you.

Am I out of line here?

6. Unwinder

He said that my software is responsible for his problems, when it is clearly not.

His system is not fine after uninstalling RT too. Good reason to think about the source of problem. And good reason for me to ignore one more false bugreport.

Right, and that is why I'm not gonna visit this thread anymore.

7. RallyImprezive

RallyImprezive New Member

Right..ok. I guess we are safe now. OP, you can ask any stupid question ya want now, and I wont get mad at ya.

So, read this sticky. It will give you some insight into the root of this problem.

http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=226934

Last edited: Apr 1, 2008
  8. edg5000

edg5000 Member

GPU:
    after completely uninstalling punkbuster and reinstalling i am still having the problem of being kicked for things like #9006: not responding to queries. this is definitely due to something like a port being blocked, or a service not responding the way it should. my assumption is a reg key got edited or port was protected by RT and when i uninstalled, the problem wasnt corrected (probably bc it wasnt recognized as a problem yet). im not sure what to do about this.

anyone else having this problem yet?

Last edited: Apr 1, 2008
  9. Unwinder

You're COMPLETELY misunderstanding RT's provective techniques and system basics, they affect the way RT manages ITS' OWN resources in ITS'S OWN MEMORY it doesn't protect any ports outside and doesn't affect other applications or system when RT is NOT RUNNING. Nobody besides you knows what you did to your system besises installinng/uninstalling RT.
    Nevermind, continue hunting for ghosts.

10. Jod

Jod Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 780Ti Gaming
    BS, your program opens up ports on my little Linksys w/ WRT WAP all the time. Sometimes I have to uninstall just to get my internet working from all the little hackers stealing my passwords!!

j/k :D

Also I would like to point out that although I've had trouble configuring Riva, cause it does so much...nothing bites me in the ass more than PB and it's penchant for screwing w/ me on day of release games like COD4 and BFwhatever. Don't get me started on service A and B sucking down more resources than my AV...

Surely PB has heard of the error, eh?