[Official] - Windows 10 TH2 RTM

Discussion in 'Operating Systems' started by Extraordinary, Nov 12, 2015.

1. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    For 3 months was trying to fiqure out why windows 10 was using full gpu clock speeds on desktop IDLE when max performance is set in NVCP global profiles. going threw multiple drivers despite knowing this issue was fixed. thinking MS broke something again

Just to find out the newest version of logitech, setpoint was triggering full gpu clocks speeds if max performance was set in NVCP global. hence logitech added bugg um "feature" that make call at the DX API that make nvidia drivers think setpoint is 3d apps. with bonus of setpoint.exe actual uses the GPU too.

reverted back to my old 6.32 setpoint software that mind you is 5+ years old and no issue and is the setpoint i been using for very long time, not even the newer setpoint had this issue, thay had other issues, it jsut the current setpoint with this issue.

Hell at this point in game and mmo programs I dont call the bugs bugs anymore I call them "features"

Last edited: May 3, 2016
  2. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    lol, I can see why that would have taken a while to figure out

I don't set anything global in NVCP now, I did that too and wondered why my GPU clocks were maxed out all the time when I think it was WLMail was open, (First NVIDIA GPU) then some kind member here told me that setting it globally would do that, since that day, I set it on a per game basis

The only thing I change globally is Multi/Single display performance mode, because I have the TV connected to HDMI it always sets to Multi, but I game on a single LCD

3. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    yah i prefer to set to max and not have to worry about the driver telling what is and isnt needed.

4. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Yea exact same for me, has been since Win10 release I think.

My mobo isn't even BT capable so... guess MS has found a way to overcome hardware as a factor for system properties.
    MS say Bluetooth, so you have Bluetooth!

5. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    I don't have BT appearing there thankfully or else I would've been full on OCD and leaving a lot of feedback in the app lol.

6. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Dear Microsoft,
    Thank you for the free BT hardware upgrade you managed to give me using nothing but software, unfortunately none of my BT devices can see my PC, even though BT is permanently enabled, do I need a hotifx?

7. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Dear customer,

you need to upgrade to the Win10 Ultimate Super Premium Edition for Bluetooth (or anything) to work properly.
    The upgrade is "free" but you must provide us with your social security number, bank account access and sign your soul over to us once you die.

See the attached license agreement for more info:
    [​IMG]

Sincerely Yours
    MS "support"

8. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    :D Dear Microsoft,
    Unfortunately I can not sign over my soul to your company, as it already belongs to many other EULAs I have not read and just ticked accept throughout my 2.5 decades online

If you can find a loophole in any of these agreements, I grant you full and unlimited permission to cancel all 10 billion of these contracts, and lock me into your own

Yours, User

9. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    ^ lols :D

BTW:
    [​IMG]

checked, yup, still there...

10. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    An interesting follow up, with absolutely no changes from me, this happened

[​IMG]

I did try -TJ-'s advise of disabling the BT services, which did absolutely nothing to that tile, so I put them back to default

Maybe just toggling the services off and back on kicked it into sense

11. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    how you showing network usage on task bar?

12. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    I wish they put some thought into the design of the apps. When I first launched Forza 6, the xbox app wanted me to confirm whether or not I wanted forza to use my MS account (duh ...) and it couldn't accept controller input even though I'm in an xbox game. Ugh.

13. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    I'll try that too. Tbh I didn't pay much attention to it as it's always been there before you brought it up but like you said it's a glitch.

Maybe I'll get 100+ fps more in games by disabling that service? Yes, definitely, sounds realistic :)

14. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Guest

GPU:
    -
    I don't want to be that guy, but doesn't all of those widgets spoil the fun?

15. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    NetSpeedMonitor (Install in compatibility mode for "Previous versions of Windows")

http://download.cnet.com/NetSpeedMonitor-64-bit/3000-2085_4-75592519.html

It turned my FX-8350 into a 6700K and gave me 16GB more RAM, added a Ti to the end of my GTX980, and set my Single SSD into RAID0

Widgets on my system tray?

Nah, it helps lol

CPU temp/usage
    GPU temp/usage
    Netspeed

Last edited: May 6, 2016

16. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Okay...

the BT icon had disappeared by itself without me doing anything. Ghosts in the machine...

17. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    So it didn't have anything to do with the services, very weird that the same thing happened to both our machines

18. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Weird indeed.

Maybe some other service or app calls for the BT service every now and then either turning it on or off (when BT isn't really available)?

Minor thing but increasingly annoying whatever the cause.

19. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Holy moly... it's back lol

[​IMG]

OK, disabled BT services again, rebooted, and it's gone again

[​IMG]

No idea if it is the services, or just the reboot

EDIT - Hanging the washing in the front room, looked on the floor, a USB Bluetooth dongle.... spooky

Last edited: May 8, 2016
  20. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    ^ lols, checked out of curiosity, it's back for me too!

Again, haven't touched any services yet myself. The damn thing keeps dis- and reappearing on its own. As if Windows couldn't tell whether there is Bluetooth or not.
    Maybe Redstone will fix it, or whatever the next threshold upgrade was called.

Speaking of which wasn't it supposed to be released some time soon? June?