Keeping Fit

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by Yecnot, Aug 31, 2014.

1. Yecnot

Yecnot Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080Ti
    What exercise program do you follow? Do you use weights? Do you run?

:nerd:

2. anticupidon

anticupidon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Polaris/Vega/Navi
    first ,avoid any food excess.
    second, pay attention to sugar content of any product you buy/eat.
    third, ant exercise is good.pick yours,running, lifting,whatever.just move a lot.
    fourth sounds insane ,but try one day pr week without any food intake.fasting will purge your body of excess toxins.more,a welcome pause for the digestive system

3. StewieTech

StewieTech Chuck Norris

GPU:
    MSI gtx 960 Gaming
    It does sound insane. Where do you read about that? I´d consult a doctor first.

4. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Yea Ive heard fasting one day a week is beneficial to your health too, but not sure I could manage a full 24 hours without eating

5. anticupidon

anticupidon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Polaris/Vega/Navi
    i started this a month ago,never felt my mind so clear
    keeping fit mind and body

6. aircool

aircool Don Aircooleone Staff Member

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 560 Ti 448 Core
    Eat less and do more, its actually quite simple.

The hard bit is actually making your self do that, I swear I'm going to the gym tomorrow!

7. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    I've got half a gym in the house and still never use it, motivation is my biggest fail

Treadmill, Exercise Bike, Real bike, benchpress, free weights, all here at my disposal, what do I do, I sit on this chair thinking about how I should really be using all those things

8. Yecnot

Yecnot Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080Ti
    Oyus, I've read in a book that fasting or inflicting pain (not major) on oneself improves focus.

With my antisocial personality running sucks. Do you no what I could DO with a treadmill?

9. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    That was my thoughts too, before I got it I saw myself fit as fit can be after a few months on the treadmill, to start with it was used for about an hour a day, after a week it was about an hour a week, now it's sitting in the corner of the living room surrounded by other discarded gadgets

[​IMG]

10. nz3777

nz3777 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gtx 980 Radeon 5500
    I train everyday somedays twice a day, I eat like a pig like theres no tommorow I have a fast metabolisim so whetever i eat just turns into muscle! I guess not everyone is so lucky tough.I dont do any running but I spare 4 rounds every other day so thats my cardio right there.Anythings better then sitting on a computer 24hrs a day like i use too, but its made me appricate it more ill be honest.

You gotta have other hobbies other then just computers, I come from a backround of heavy sports bodybuilding,Boxing, cage fighting, I sorta just gave it all up over the years since my kids were born, but then I found myself just sitting on the computer sometimes 24hrs a day straight, Not good at all! Ive givin up all the things i was really good at just to do what? Prove to other people my computers better then yours? Thats stupid,have other hobbies you cant just sit in front of a screen all day long ull turn into a Vegtable, plus a weak-ass vegtable i might add,anyone can kick your ass, the biggest muscle movement you make is keystroks on your keyboard lol? I was refering to myself from before not anyone else.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2014

11. Yecnot

Yecnot Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080Ti
    You keep heatsinks just laying around? ^_^

12. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    lol that's my dumping area, the missus hates it but every man has one

Actually attached to that heatsink is a Peltier unit that I was gonna try making a DIY AC unit with, worked last time I used it, didn't heat up or cool down when I powered it up the other day so it went on the dumping ground lol

There's a 37" 1080p LCD TV there too that I keep meaning to try and fix after a lightning strike killed it but again, never got around to it yet

13. thatguy91

thatguy91 Guest

Take a Magnesium supplement, however MOST are pretty crappy. Don't bother with Magnesium Oxide supplements, your body can't really absorb it.

Best to get Magnesium Citrate. You need to take at least 2 grams (usually 2 tablets) to be beneficial, since the Magnesium part of the citrate is only around 160 mg or so for every gram. Ideally you would take 3 (say 1 at each meal). Most people are lacking Magnesium in their diets, and it doesn't show up in blood screenings. You will feel better once you take it, and it will help with your exercise :).

14. BLEH!

BLEH! Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Fury
    Yoga.

15. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    You'll Only Get Arthritis

16. nz3777

nz3777 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gtx 980 Radeon 5500
    Magnisum? What do you need that for??? I dont buy that for a minute same like me saying you guys schould be drinking Boron on a daily basis,it will make you feel better lol? Not the case for everyone iam afraid.
    Everyones body is diffrent, what works for me may not work for you and vise-versa,I also drink a few spoon fulls of pure honey everyday,schould everyone be drinking it? No,for sure no! Eat healthy,or at least try to, avoid deep fried food thats just an oxy-moron you schould know these things already, the worse thing you can do to your body is Soda,yes soda!.........Drink lots of water daily,I drink about 2 gallons everyday.

17. Labyrinth

Labyrinth Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Tri-X R9 290 4G
    I would advise against not eating for a week, food is fuel and you can make yourself ill by doing it.
    There's plenty of foods that are healthy and always plenty of drink water

18. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    It was just fasting for 1 day a week, not a full week :)

19. anticupidon

anticupidon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Polaris/Vega/Navi
    fasting is a way to eat and live better.
    fasting is a maintenance for your digestive system.
    any apparatus needs maintenance.
    problem is that brain is so smart that releases serotonin when you are eating ,like a reward.
    fasting is against that, so first time is not pleasant.

question:
    we live to eat,or we eat to live ?

20. nz3777

nz3777 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gtx 980 Radeon 5500
    We eat to live lol.Not everyone loves food.Not everyone weighs as much as a yugo either.But ive seen people that actually love eating, its rather disquesting I must say.Like they never seen food in there life my god! I would just get up and leave if someone like that was at my table.