People upgrading in 2015, what phone are you getting?

Discussion in 'Tablets and Smart Phones' started by Bentez, Jan 20, 2015.

1. kanej2007

kanej2007 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 TI 11GB
    Rumours say it'll be a big 4100 mAh battery, though built in, non removable...

And yes, it'll be great if they tweak their user interface...

Sorry bro, never tried the remote play feature so cannot comment on that.

2. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    why s5 with lollipop performs better in UI but not s6 ? 2gb vs 3gb ram. yet s6 ram is sht. always full. ffs. disabled all bloatware still crap poo lame. both phones has same apps. exact same yet 1.2gb of 2gb and 2.6gb of 3gb is full. why how lame?

3. shoja

shoja Guest

GPU:
    2080 GAMING X TRIO
    It is sad indeed..... I can't be rooting my phone for the kind of plan I am in T_T

I am going to wait and see, I know the rumors are that they will announce the phone a month earlier to beat Apple to it. Will be interesting.

4. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    Well after 5/6 years of faithful service my Huawei( brand names rubbed off long ago), battery gave up the ghost, so i picked up a nice new Nokia 635 for £39, unlocked, so i keep my number.

Very happy with it, compared to my old one it is like holding the future in your hands. lol

Oh and does anybody have any ideas on a decent case for it, flip is fine, so many to choose from, i have no idea what to get, anybody got anything similar.

Cheers.

5. Opcode

Opcode Guest

GPU:
    HD 5870
    I'm waiting for Android M to launch before purchasing new device (I'd rather it ship with it). Lollipop needs a good polish and I won't dive into a device that runs it currently.

6. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    The way Lollipop has turned out I don't expect M to be much better. I'd get a Kitkat device now and be happy :D

7. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    My N4 has some issues with Lollipop. My N5 (which the wife returned a week ago) has some issues with Lollipop and my LG G4 has some issues with Lollipop.... Kitkat was better on the Nexus phones.

8. shoja

shoja Guest

GPU:
    2080 GAMING X TRIO
    Kitkate was indeed very good.... I had it on my Note 4, and I loved it!

Android is not going to have this whole "the most flexible OS" title going for it for very long. iPhones might be weak in the hardware department, but they are starting to more than make up for that with its smooth, stable, and now powerful OS. I have been using Android (Samsung galaxy line primarily) for years, and I recently got an iPhone 6 at work for work related calls/emails. After using the two side by side for over a week, I find iOS to be a lot more user friendly. My work iPhone is like an opportunity to test drive the latest version of iOS, and I am starting to lean toward the next iPhone as my next upgrade. S6 Edge atm, which sucks T_T

Hopefully, the upcoming phones with the latest Android update change my mind.

9. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    I love my LG G4. I just dislike Lollipop..... I have to restart my phone nightly, else it starts to glitch really bad. I also hate how Lollipop still doesn't close apps like a proper OS should. If you restart the phone, any app that was previously opened, is still running in the background when the OS finishes booting. A proper OS would unload every app prior to restarting.

10. shoja

shoja Guest

GPU:
    2080 GAMING X TRIO
    Apps are getting too powerful now, and having them all open in the background for the sake of multitasking is getting out of hand. Google needs to implement a better multitasking solution.

11. Duke Nil

Duke Nil Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080
    For me though regardless of the phone itself the issue of interfacing with computers is and always has been a complete deal breaker for iphones. I don't understand how people are ok with not having a simple file browser to access/move files on their devices.

So I can't just drag and drop movies/music files from my computer to my phone in whatever folder I want so I know where to find them later, I have to install and use itunes (which comes with bonjour and apple update and whatever other 17 programs/background processes), and I just press some mysterious 'Sync' button that does who knows what. People say it's more intuitive and user friendly, but it makes zero sense to me and I hate it (like most Apple software product design decisions)

12. snip3r_3

snip3r_3 Guest

GPU:
    I have both (Z and iPhone 6) and still use both everyday (due to chat applications being locked to the old number). I do like the apps, the smoothness, and the typical, everything kind of just works. However, I always feel that it lacks options, flexibility, as well as having too many layers of menus. The UI is also hard to navigate, especially on the 6 (screen size). Without a dedicated back button like Androids, apps typically have it on the top left/right corner. The same can be said for the task manager. I feel doing alot of things in iOS is slower/more annoying than Android (locking the screen without using the power button, or locking the phone after jumping out of an app with the soft button).

Then the fact that the stupid control center doesn't always pull up vs the near flawless notification/settings pull down in android. I also miss the expanded file management capabilities of Android (via something like ES File Explorer). Chromecast (and Miracast) capability (to TV), real NFC (for my camera and BT headphones), and simpler drag and drop from computers like you said.

However, these are just the things I found Android doing better, there are also a large number of things Apple does much better...

Last edited: Jul 25, 2015
  13. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    I am so sad about my latest purchase which is s6. Already have s6 edge which I sell online. It was sht, can't hold. Heat and etc. S6 can hold good but worse battery and this amazing heat is bullsht. I officially literally can't hold the phone. Heat burns my hand. I use Instagram facebook only and heat ruins all fun. Wtf. Why just why.

14. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    My LG G4 doesn't have any issue with heat. However, battery life isn't the greatest thanks to Android leaving every app running in the background. The battery life could easily be doubled (in some cases) if Android actually closed apps instead of just moving them to the background. That's the only thing I'm really missing from WP8.1..... Of course, I still have to restart the phone at regular intervals else it gets flaky as hell.

15. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    guys iam gonna buy HTC m9..pls stop me or support me. :(

S6 edge: failed me. sold already.
    S6: failed me. trying to sell.
    Note edge: bored. gave to wife. selling her 6 plus .
    iphone 6: nice phone. keeping it.
    iphone 6plus. nice phone. keeping it.
    M9: didnt bought yet.

16. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    The M9 is bad, don't waste your time.

17. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    Go for the LG G4 or stick with what you have. It's an amazing phone. I considered the S6 Edge, but I was talked out of it by complaints of poor battery life. Even the guy at the wireless store said the S6 and S6 Edge weren't worth the money. He said the same of the HTC One M9...lol.

18. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    damn u guys i was about to drop my money and get the M9.

a good Android phone with a good battery life. ..none? wtf :(

Sorry but i can't use LG. the brand is so poor in my country as phone :(

19. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    What's wrong with the Edge? or the Note 4? Or all the other various phones you've had in the last few months?

If you're looking for good battery life, then get a One Plus or an iPhone 6+ or a Mate 2 or a MX4Pro. Idk. It depends on what you want in a phone.

20. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    If you rely on your phone to get through a day, you're not going to be happy with the battery life of any phone. With moderate use a Lumia 635 can last up to 3 days on a single charge. It just lacks apps and screen size. The Lumia 640 can get up to 2 days with moderate use. I haven't seen an Android phone last more than a day with moderate use. My G4 is used rather heavily as I use it for damn near everything these days.