Batman Returns in 2013

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, Feb 12, 2013.

1. Spets

Spets Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Just played through the DLC, pretty badass suit :p
    Only seen one bug where an enemy glitched into one of the frozen walls, batarangs took care of that though.
    Looking forward to Arkham Knight now.

2. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    And Borderlands, most of their stuff runs long.

3. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    So, Batman's cape doesn't seem to be tessellated anymore.
    I haven't gotten the XE suit yet, but his normal suit. I have DX11 Enhanced surfaces turned on.
    Snow is still tessellated. In the normal game, his cape is fine. But, in the DLC... it's flat.

4. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    when I read this quote by Lu in the grid thread I thought of this game.

5. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    I just made it past the "My Alibi" part and had no issues.

Also, I'm past two hours and still got some to go. So...

6. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    I've taken on and defeated Freeze now but it seems you are able to keep playing around in the city beyond that once you do as there's riots/anarky signs/ and other stuff as side missions included too.

7. Bleib

Bleib Guest

GPU:
    MSI RX 480 8GB
    Well I have now played through it. It's not very lenghty, there isn't a lot to do but it was overall a good experience, certainly better than Harley's Revenge. In fact, a lot of the time this DLC was more interesting than the main Origins game itself, especially some predator maps.

If you don't want to shell out the money for it then consider picking it up during a Steam sale.

8. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Anything will be better than HR ... it was the only time I've actually been *bored* in an Arkham game so far.

9. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    Bleib is spot on as to how I feel about the DLC too. You kind of play through it wishing parts of it had been incorporated into the main game they were so well used in this. A shame it isn't longer but then I felt content with it overall just because it gave me another reason to play yet more Origins albeit in an alternate manner.

Hopefully WBM will continue to release more DLC of the same quality as I for one will snap them up.

10. slayer213

slayer213 Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1070 Amp! 8 GB
    Just finished playing the Cold cold heart DLC this past weekend. Are there any other future DLCs planned for Origins or do we now just have to wait for Akham Knights?

I think i had a good time playing this and considering it was just a DLC and not some expansion pack, it seemed worth it.

11. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Next is Arkham Knight. No more content for AO.

12. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    origins is my fav so far, had a real batman moment there while running towards an armed enemy hacking away at his weapon with the disruptor gun, felt freaking great.

13. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Totally .. I love the disruptor in this game. Use it with the glue grenade :p

14. slayer213

slayer213 Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1070 Amp! 8 GB
    The Glue grenade and the shock gloves are quite cool. Although I have heard some complaints online that the gloves make it too easy as they are unblockable but still feels great to kick a$$ with it! :)

15. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    yes it's not like they're automatic, you switch them on when you choose, I like em' too and the glue grenades also. :)

16. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    I agree that the gloves make the fights way too easy. Which is why I never use them intentionally, but... there are times that one can turn them on by mistake.

17. Bleib

Bleib Guest

GPU:
    MSI RX 480 8GB
    Just a heads up to those who want the Season pass cheaply, there are 2 of them sold for mere 5.79 euro (Approximately US $7.89) @ ebay (.com). I bought one, the delivery was instant.
    This gives all the DLCs for a cheap price, certainly beats the Steam price of 19.90 euro.

18. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    PhysX is so demanding these days that with my current setup I get better performance and gpu usage dedication one of my cards to it.
    made me think about a 750ti, though I wouldn't need it for this game, to give you an idea I see around 60% usage on my dedicated PhysX card in benchmark.
    AC4 also has better overall gpu usage and performance when I dedicate one also, it's nice to have a choice, with watch dogs for ex then it'll be full blown sli with hopefully a nice oc.
    anyways still to finish this but I've always got it on, the devs really made something nice for us with this game.

19. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    EDIT: Ignore.
    I seem to have fixed my issue all on my own. :)

Last edited: Sep 8, 2014
  20. RecluSe

RecluSe Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 SC/ACX 2.0