Asus P8P67 Pro just died

Discussion in 'Processors and motherboards Intel' started by milamber, Dec 14, 2011.

1. milamber

milamber Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4080 Suprim X
    My 7-month-old Asus P8P67 Pro just died on me. Anyone else had a problem with them? I was fiddling with the Auto OC settings in the BIOS recently (ended up setting it all to auto since I lack the experience to do it manually) so maybe that caused it.

The retailer tells me it could take up to 2 months to RMA it! Should I be hassling them to shove a new motherboard in for me instead of making me wait?

2. Mozaik

Mozaik Banned

GPU:
    Giga gtx 470@800
    IMO the components going to electro-graveyard is a so random occurrence that comparing that to anyone isn't going to get the answers(at least in most cases).
    But there are exception when a bad revision get out or similar.
    2 months wait,thats bad...

3. milamber

milamber Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4080 Suprim X
    Having been superseded already, the retailer has practically no P8P67s in stock.

I'm going to ring them and try to persuade them to put a compatible m/b in so I can have my PC back. After all the money I spent on a custom rig they should be bending over backwards to help me out.

I kept my last PC which is fine for internet and watching movies but I can't play any decent games which sucks.

4. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    I would make them send out a similiar replacement, maybe something like a P8Z68; 2 months is unexceptable.

5. kanej2007

kanej2007 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 TI 11GB
    You beat me to it. I was just gonna recommend the same thing. Get them to replace it with the P8Z68-V-Pro, a great all round board.

Let us know what happens, good luck.

6. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    You make it sound like you single-handedly kept them in business by purchasing a computer from them.

Sorry, but if you have the same attitude while dealing with them...they have no reason to help you out...

It depends on how the business operates. Years ago, computer shops here obtained replacement components through RMA's. If you took your computer in and a component still under warranty failed. However long it took to RMA the component was how long you went without a computer, unless you bought a service contract. Of course, back then, people could survive without a computer as they were considered to be "luxury items". Now all it seems to take is a simple BSOD and people think whoever built the computer owes them something. I'm actually glad I quit selling computers. I'm tired of dealing with customers like the OP, that seem to think they did someone a favor by purchasing a "custom" computer.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2011