Clock Frequencies Problem with Vista 64 RT2.11

Discussion in 'Rivatuner Statistics Server (RTSS) Forum' started by pidass, Sep 24, 2008.

1. pidass

pidass New Member

GPU:
    xfx 8800gt
    I'm trying to use RT2.11 in vista 64 on a XFX 8800GT Forceware 175.19. It installed correctly by installing the updates.

I got no errors about digital signed drivers.

Rivatuner starts up and acts like everything is fine (everything worked perfectly when I had 2.06 and earlier drivers). I've also tried reinstalling and rebooting several times.

I can control fan speed but I can't control clock speeds. When I click on 'Enable driver-level harware overclocking' and click 'detect now' it unchecks the box and keeps the sliding scales greyed out.

I'm really stumped, on the main RT page it displays my video card correctly as well as the ForceWare version I'm using. I just can't adjust the clock frequencies.

Hopefully someone knows how to fix this. Thanks!!

2. St. bluedrop

St. bluedrop Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 570 TFIII@950MHz
    I have the exact same problem with 8800GTS 512MB and 178.13. Fresh Vista x64 install.

3. Serlant

Serlant New Member

GPU:
    Nvidia 8800GT 512MB
    Its something to do with either the new nvidia drivers or the Performance application they released that lets you change the clock speeds and set profiles, as they're the only 2 thing that have change in/on my system since rivatuner broke, and i'm guessing you guys have downclocked cards too? mine reads 400/810/500

Edit:
    Fixed it now, removed the nvidia performance and nvidia system monitoring using add remove, tried to reload driver which crashed my system, i just rebooted and now it detects my clock speeds and i can overclock(and they're set right at stock)

Last edited: Sep 27, 2008
  4. St. bluedrop

St. bluedrop Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 570 TFIII@950MHz
    I had to reinstall the drivers without my s-video cable inserted, now it works.

5. mike87

mike87 Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon 7870 2GB
    Anyone got any ideas about this? it is really winding me up :p

6. Serlant

Serlant New Member

GPU:
    Nvidia 8800GT 512MB
    like i said, i just uninstalled nvidia performance, and nvidia system monitor using add remove programs, rebooted, and it fixed it