The amount of intolerance...

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by AsiJu, Feb 5, 2015.

1. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    I watched a documentary on TV last night.

It was about a-certain-Eurasian-country where gay people are persecuted by the authorities and hunted down by extremists.
    These "activist" groups actively hunt down gay people, camcord them being humiliated and beaten, then post these videos online as if that is something to brag about.

The police does absolutely nothing about it, because this country has an "anti-homosexual" propaganda law. LAW.

The leader of this countrys orthodox church calls homosexuality a disease and says it's the same as paedophilia.
    Lots of the vigilante groups claim they're hunting paedophilics while they're actually hunting gay people.

The vigilante groups say they're "at war" against the gay "facists".
    However they are the ones using violence (surprise).

What bothered me most was a video they showed where a group of twenty-something jocks attack a barely teenager boy (=group of adults attack a single child).

They taunt and taunt, until one of them kicks the boy in the face.
    The boy falls down and stays immobile. The attackers keep taunting and laughing, until one of them realises the boy has probably been killed...

I mean, is this for real!?

It's not that the gay people are the target (where aren't they?) but what is done and how the government even encourages that!

Discuss, please!

Last edited: Feb 5, 2015
  2. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    It is sickening. Witch hunt essentially it is wrong in so many ways, and govt "support" makes it even worse.

3. elkosith

elkosith Maha Guru

GPU:
    PowerColor RX 6600
    I've dealt with much intolerance myself since I was a child, so I must say, STOP THIS NONSENSE!

4. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    Well, Nazis in Germany have started with accusation of Jews on all problems in country...

5. NomadAssassin

NomadAssassin Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX1060 6GB SC
    This is getting ridiculous on both sides... For one thing why attack group of people that does nothing to you and cannot defend itself and the other what the hell is going in this day and age with everyones obsession with the homosexuals? We get it, they want special treatment but that way they provoke lots of conservative nations. In the Eastern part of Europe they will never have future and it's a fact. I personally do not hate gay people and I accept them but do not want them to demonstrate their sodomy in my face so we can live happily together. It's not the religion, oh no. People in this part of the world can be either Orthodox Christian or Atheists like me and still be conservative unlike me :)

In Russia as well :D Pogroms... USA todays is full of Russian Jews thanks to the Pogroms and later Stalin and then the Communism finished the job for these poor sods. We Slavic people have been never tolerant towards middle eastern people have to admit :( I'm not Russian but I know the situation in our countries here very well. Hope we are changed now and far more tolerant.

6. Deathchild

Deathchild Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    There's always people like this.. People in the dark. They will get their deserved punishment in due time... Cause and effect, it's all about karma.

They just smother their own conscience by doing it, the sad part is they don't even know about it or are not even aware of it.

Well.. that's the suffering we have. :D

7. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    I just hope you're right, friend.

Karma is about the only thing I even remotely believe in / hope it works.

I just hope that... everyone gets what's coming to them.
    Equally. No questions asked.

Justice. Simple as that.

8. Deathchild

Deathchild Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Yeah.. that's how it is.. :D

9. otaku

otaku Guest

GPU:
    8800,640gts sli
    you know for them to suffer from karma they would have to die first?

10. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    Seems like every country wants to attack gays, lesbians, etc. It's sickening. While I don't support their life-style, I also don't understand the hatred towards them. They're human-beings just like the rest of us. I just look at it as a form of natural population control. There has to be something that slows the rate at which we over-populate this planet.

All I've seen of gay/lesbian "protests" is the desire for equal rights, which is a subject I've very vocal about. Regardless of age, race, gender, financial position or sexual-orientation, I believe everyone should be treated the same. Unfortunately, it's an unrealistic dream of mine to see everyone have equal rights and equal treatment.

11. Deathchild

Deathchild Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Karma happens all the time, it's around us. Penetrates the galaxy and binds us together.. (lol Obi Wan XD:D)

But yeah.. karma happens all the time.. :D

Don't worry dude it will happen.. if only humans were better.. :D

12. rflair

rflair Don Coleus Staff Member

GPU:
    5700XT
    I'm hetro but never understood how or why gay bashers always have gay on their mind.

13. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    So let's hope they die...

14. Icanium

Icanium Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 4090TUF
    Attitudes are changing. In the US, i can hardly watch TV without seeing some homosexual relationship. I think eventually, human rights countries will force these kinds of governments to support human rights for all their citizens.

15. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    Karma is like "the force"....except nobody can control it. It kicks you in the balls whenever it's ready....not when someone else wants it to.

Humanity will never be accepting or even tolerant of "different".

I'm not sure where you see attitudes changing.....other than getting worse. My cousin had to move half way across the damn state just to find a job because he wanted to be a paramedic and the local departments won't touch a homosexual.

16. Veeshush

Veeshush Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 680 Lightning

Yet they don't hunt down "straight" couples because of prostitution, rape, public exposure or general sex addiction. Well, actually they do depending, but I'll get into that. Plenty of countries still have all sorts of witch hunts and self justified "enemies of society". It's to both control the population (because everyone wants love or to feel good, therefor if you control things surrounding these wants you can control the people) or they want to create issues to distract the public on how badly they're getting ****ed over otherwise. "HEY EVERYBODY, LOOK AT THOSE GOOFY GAYS OVER THERE!"

The sick irony is many of these countries (and I do mean ALL of them) have no issue with all sorts of sexual methods used in integrations- and by that I'm talking ****ed in the ass by guards, or being forced to jerk off in front of the guards, at a minimum. So I guess there's the "closed door standard".

Too many also get caught up in the "politics" of the whole gender/sexual orientation crap, and ****, you could probably divide entire nations over the need to breathe air. If people were able to look beyond that and actually QUESTION what it even is they dislike about gays you'll tend to find it has nothing to do with the orientation. They hate in-your-face flamboyancy, cattiness, lewd behavior in public, rape, and so on- all of which is separate. So then you're only left with extreme, hypocritical and stereotypical, pseudo religious fanatics who wish people would stop any and all sexual activities. Why? Cause control- only they're so far gone into it they can't recognize it anymore and with their black/white extremist mindsets honestly self delude themselves into thinking if everyone would just stop jerking off the world would be a perfect place to live in. They confuse excess and addiction with harmlessness and then tout it as immoral.

edit
    Karma don't keep anything in check in a world where people do get away with murder and rape.

Protests and organizing people for a real change helps, but not when governments get free labor from their own controlled public to shut down said organizers. That's why, however misguided protesters can be at the worst of times, I do try to at least recognize they at least deserve the right to protest and get their message out. Then the change has to persuade the majority of the public that it'd be something ok, which is a battle very rarely won outside of the very systems that'd rather get control or clout. Both sides of any and every issue, those in power make a killing in money off of the suffering.

17. Brasky

Brasky Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070 Ti Su
    This is why it will never happen, trying to force everyone to think and act only in the way that you believe doesn't work.

18. keasy

keasy Banned

GPU:
    d1cK
    Let me get this straight ( pun intended ) at the moment you can't live happily together because they demonstrate sodomy in your face ?
    IE: they engage in the act of anal sex in front of you ?

LOL

There's a huge difference between public TV and media airing a man kissing a man and sodomy FFS!

_____________________+++++++++++

Moving on...

They key word here is tolerance as per the OP's title.
    Too many times is the word tolerance perceived as welcoming.

I do not particularly like or welcome seeing a man kiss another man, I find it physically repulsive. However, I believe in an equal society and therefore there must be some equality in representing the gay populace. So, if I don't like what I'm seeing, I change channels or leave the venue I may be in, or walk away from a particular conversation that I don't like etc. I tolerate, I don't naturally like it but on an intellectual level I know it's not wrong, so I tolerate it.

19. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    @Veeshush

what you said is very valid. However were not talking about that here...

PS: keep it coming Gurus! There's a nice discussion stirring up and that's the purpose of this thread!

To talk about these matters.

20. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    They're afraid it could happen to them/people in their family (and usually it has). So instead of accepting that it just happens, they fight against it. Pretty standard human response to the unknown.