Guru3D.com Forums

Go Back   Guru3D.com Forums > General Chat > The Guru's Pub
The Guru's Pub Hang out with Guru3D's staff and other visitors, have a nice civilized chat, nothing hardware related though !

Old
  (#26)
Loobyluggs
Maha Guru

Videocard: EVGA 1070 FTW
Processor: Intel 3770k
Mainboard: Asus P8z77-v pro
Memory: DDR3 16GB Corsair
Soundcard: Creative Labs Recon 3D
PSU: Corsair
Default 05-24-2017, 09:22 | posts: 2,178 | Location: UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turanis View Post
For UK users:

Theresa May Wants To Regulate The Internet

The Conservative manifesto sets out a distinct vision for the future of the internet in which an anarchic world run by private companies is supplemented by substantial government intervention.

"Some people say that it is not for government to regulate when it comes to technology and the internet," it states. "We disagree."

When the manifesto was unveiled by Theresa May in Halifax on Thursday morning, news bulletins understandably focused on the party's taxation policy and Brexit plans rather than the technology section at the end.

Senior Tories confirmed to BuzzFeed News that the phrasing indicates that the government intends to introduce huge restrictions on what people can post, share and publish online.

The plans will allow Britain to become "the global leader in the regulation of the use of personal data and the internet", the manifesto claims.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/jimwaterson...bwR#.npqzYXmpQ
Yes, as a voter I of course read the manifesto (88 pages) and the end of the document where the internet is mentioned is more toned towards trying to accommodate cyber bullying. They are social media policies, not internet throttling policies.

If my ISP tries to manage my traffic, they would be in breach of contract and I would sue them - a lot.

Old
  (#27)
nhlkoho
Ancient Guru

Videocard: EVGA 980ti sc+
Processor: i7 4770k
Mainboard: Asus Z87 Plus
Memory: Veng. Pro 16GB DDR3-1866
Soundcard: Soundblaster Z
PSU: EVGA 750G2
Default 05-24-2017, 11:41 | posts: 7,031 | Location: Washington DC

How would they be in breach of contract? I doubt it states in your terms and conditions that the ISP is not allowed to implement any network management that might slow your access.

Old
  (#28)
Loobyluggs
Maha Guru

Videocard: EVGA 1070 FTW
Processor: Intel 3770k
Mainboard: Asus P8z77-v pro
Memory: DDR3 16GB Corsair
Soundcard: Creative Labs Recon 3D
PSU: Corsair
Default 05-24-2017, 12:38 | posts: 2,178 | Location: UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhlkoho View Post
How would they be in breach of contract? I doubt it states in your terms and conditions that the ISP is not allowed to implement any network management that might slow your access.
Other than things that are out of their control, they must give me the service I have paid for - if they break that agreement deliberately; they are in breach.