Input lag decreasing, dpc latency decreasing.

Discussion in 'Game Tweaks and Modifications' started by turu1337, Mar 5, 2016.

1. crankz

crankz Guest

GPU:
    gtx 960
    Ive set up everything into msi mode using the msimodd software posted here. ( Except audio drivers because i saw people saying its bad, can someone confirm this ?)
    My question was why is it using so much numbers while others only use 1 ?

2. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    Some audio drivers work good in MSI mode. Some do not (mostly from Creative). Only test on your rig can confirm it.

1. MSI mode is thoroughly used namely by network card drivers to spread load among all CPU cores - i.e. each massage is dispatched on fixed core. And despite the fact that such optimization violates so called OSI model possible benefits outweigh violation.
    2. Each NIC`s message you see in device manager can be of different type - about state of device, about incoming transfer event, about outgoing transfer event, about errors. Manufacturer of device can freely use MSI capabilities for whatever purposes.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2017
  3. crankz

crankz Guest

GPU:
    gtx 960
    any update on this thread?

4. turu1337

turu1337 Guest

GPU:
    nvidia gt630
    buuuuuuuump

5. akbaar

akbaar Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUFF 3080 12Gb
    bcdedit /deletevalue useplatformclock
    bcdedit /deletevalue tscsyncpolicy
    bcdedit /deletevalue disabledynamictick

don't seem to work on windows creator update! can someone check if it works on the creator update

6. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    Don't use those stupid tweaks...

bcdedit /deletevalue disabledynamictic is OK but essentially does nothing on high performance power options.

The other two are terrible tweaks and cause detrimental effects.

For one useplatformclock will reduce disk performance in half.

akbaar likes this.
  7. X7007

X7007 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC 4090 EXT AMP
    I noticed after I didn't put my paging file on HDD , there are no more Hard Faults..

That's after opening Chrome with more than 50 tabs and Potplayer with movie or music, and some programs on the background.. so I think we found a fix for Hard Faults .

The second thing I'm using Asus Strix RAID DLX sound card which uses Asmedia chip , after I update or before might be, I noticed that it uses the drivers I installed 1.6.35 and it caused many ISR and Interrupts while not doing anything and was more when sound was playing. so I uninstalled the drivers and let the windows install the Microsoft one and it installed for my Asmedia the motherboard usb the 0.98 version and the Asus the 1.00 version , and no more ISR or interrupts from the asmtxhci.sys driver.

https://screenshot.net/73emlu2
    https://screenshot.net/nnl6ptz

This how the paging file looks
    C:\ Sandisk SDSSDXPS 480 GB
    G:\Samsung 840 Pro 256GB

Do you really need to use those commands ? they don't actually give anything if your computer runs properly

he is correct. Do you have the test to see ? I want to see how they effect.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2017
  8. akbaar

akbaar Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUFF 3080 12Gb
    got it! didnt change! thank you

9. crankz

crankz Guest

GPU:
    gtx 960
  10. Kuhlmann

Kuhlmann Guest

GPU:
    Geforce 670
    Maybe someone could write a guide on reducing processes in Windows 10?

11. outdated.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 8, 2018
  12. cookieboyeli

cookieboyeli Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 @2126
    It is somewhat outdated yes. I have newer information that makes some of the older instructions invalid. I'm terrible at writing guides though. I'd only do it if I could work with someone else to increase the quality and readability, for me that part takes far too much time to be worth it.

13. Synoxia

Synoxia Member Guru

GPU:
    Rog Vega 64
    Really sorry for the necropost but i am having DPC latency issues on w10 with a 2700x system. How did this dude manage to get that insane low DPC? Where is his video? Let's pay him for it or something lol

14. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    DPC Latency Checker is not compatible with Win10, so you better ignore the screenshot.

15. Pod Karacz

Pod Karacz Guest

GPU:
    Mobility HD 4500
    Guide is good i got as low as 2-3 us with spikes to 20 but i have computer built in 2016 so its not that old .(INSTALL INF DRIVERS NOT SOFTWARE + INF CUZ ITLL INCREASE INPUT LAG.) High precision event timer tweak should be removed cuz it breaks things more than helps most of the time at least in my case. Thanks for tips !

Last edited: Oct 10, 2019

16. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    the drivers provided by motherboard manufacturers are not "made for your motherboard"

they are simply the drivers the IHV found available at the time they certified the device and have temporarily kept up to date on.

you will find that they are binary compatible with other drivers of the same version provided by other mainboard vendors.

Yes, even those weird asus packages with the asus co installer crap they use.

17. Pod Karacz

Pod Karacz Guest

GPU:
    Mobility HD 4500
    I disagree difference between my oldest network driver from 2016 which came with my mobo ( msi h110m pro-d) dvd is outperforming every single driver ive used that was made later ( even the ones from my mobo site ) so its not true some drivers just work so much better than others.

18. Pod Karacz

Pod Karacz Guest

GPU:
    Mobility HD 4500
    I mean i did some testing and on older hardware maybe oem is the best ( especially laptop with some weirdo lan) but for newer ones and especially desktop i would say snappy driver installer finds the best/latest drivers. Cuz my previous post might sound like oem drivers are always the best.

19. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Thats fine, you do so from a position of low information.

If the driver performs worse with your NIC on your motherboard, it does so on all motherboards with that particular NIC and is due to low power oriented policy changes where the NIC advanced defaults are concerned.

20. Ripan_

Ripan_ Member

GPU:
    980ti
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2020