its done:)))fx5200-quadro fx500

Discussion in 'RivaTuner Advanced Discussion forum' started by ergot, Apr 12, 2004.

1. ergot

ergot Guest

2. ivanrolim

ivanrolim Guest

FX5200 speeding up GTA3, F1-2002, QUAKE2?

Wow!!! ;) Congratulations!!

I have FX5200 also, and I´m tweaking it more and more.

Although Directx ones don´t get performance bursts,
    and CAD programs will get the most of this tweaking, I
    make a question...

Did you noticed major performance improvement in Opengl Games, like Gta3? :rolleyes:

:) I´m still verifying the OMEGA driver sets, maybe it could improve a little more here.

3. ergot

ergot Guest

i think yet this card is not much good and i will upgrade when i have money to fx 5600 or higher

my test with quadro finished not with accas finaly, couse 3ds max falled down in few minutes of work and i had to restart pc

so i turned it back to fx5200:(
    i dont know where is the problem but i think fx5200 is that problem...

4. ivanrolim

ivanrolim Guest

but FX5200 is very good!

But did you tested it with some 3d applications, like games? Are you satisfyed? Do you only use FX5200 for 3dMAX design?

If so, try reinstalling drivers (but install rivaturner first, them the patches, like AQ4, and later the driver itself, as patched ones will MODIFY your driver files, provided you specify the directory). :rolleyes:

Personally, I loved FX5200, even knowing it´s not enough for ´real-life-kind´ 32bit 3d graphics. However this card has MUCH to be improved yet, moreover now we could use extra memory (DDR400 for example with almost the same speed as our AGP, so there will be 3dSTUDIO sets with 1GB, 2GB or more, full of textures being processed per second) :D

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 26, 2004