The Walking Dead (The Game)

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by blesner, May 1, 2011.

1. blesner

blesner Guest

GPU:
    MSI Nvidia GTX 690
    Hi

I just bought and watched the Blu-ray master piece that is The Walking Dead Season 1. Glad it was a series as a 2 hour movie cannot contain all the horror and human emotion.

My Question is does anyone have any info about the game thats coming made by Telltale Games ? Trailers/previews would be welcome thank you.

2. Year

Year Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 690
  3. blesner

blesner Guest

GPU:
    MSI Nvidia GTX 690
  4. bliss007

bliss007 Banned

GPU:
    Asus GTX 580
    The game is actually called Dead Island AFAIK it claims to be The Walking Dead from what I have read!

(wrong game sorry)] There is longer ones about.

Last edited: May 1, 2011

5. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Dead Island is made by Techland, and has nothing to do with The Walking Dead. Dead Island started development in 2007.

6. bliss007

bliss007 Banned

GPU:
    Asus GTX 580
    Oki Doki, just a link I read right now to get him the trailer called Dead Island The Walking Dead and yes I know it was originally for 2007 and looked a bit different. :)

7. Mkilbride

Mkilbride Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX470 1.2GB
    Nah, Dead Island is not about The Walking Dead.

Also, this is from Telltale...so don't expect anything near serious.

8. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Not everything Telltale does is all humor. Their new Jurassic Park game is going for a serious tone. I'm willing to bet they keep that style with The Walking Dead.

9. flimbo

flimbo Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    Point and click..? Hidden object..?:D

10. Mkilbride

Mkilbride Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX470 1.2GB
    Lol, are you serious? Have you seen the videos for Jurassic Park? It's still a kiddy game, no blood, no real combat, ect.

11. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Yeah... because blood is the only thing that can make a game serious. :bang:

Yes, I've seen the videos... and I think it looks great. Looks like a interesting adventure game.
    It doesn't need blood, profanity and combat to be a mature, serious game/story..

12. Year

Year Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 690
    i don't remember many dinosaurs dying in the movie, maybe 1 or 2, but that's what telltale does best, tell a story, perhaps in a cartoon'ish way (don't mean its for kids, i'm 30 years old and love these games) and honestly not every game must involve blood and combat in order to be fun. ;)

i'd take telltale games over any cod/moh/crysis/whatever anyday, beauty in simplicity.

13. Mkilbride

Mkilbride Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX470 1.2GB
    Was oodles of blood in Jurassic Park...what did you guys watch? We saw a dinosaur getting torn to pieces and it's guts going everywhere, we saw men get their arms torn off and bodies chewed apart by tiny little ones.

The Walking Dead involves Zombies, if they keep up their whole no combat, no way to lose routine, then it's going to become boring. When you play a Zombie game, you want lots of zombies, death of characters, and shooting said lots of zombies.

14. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Jurassic Park was PG-13. The majority of the violence happened off screen, and we saw the after effects. The "arms getting torn off" happened to Samuel Jackson's character... and we didn't see it happen.
    We only saw his arm fall on Laura Dern. Same with other characters that were killed, Bob Peck, Martin Ferrero, Wayne Knight.... they were first attacked on screen. But we didn't see any blood/gore from the attacks.

Honestly, I think you may not be remembering the movie accurately. I rewatched it a few weeks ago with the announcement of the Telltale game. There's not that much blood in it.

And, you're trying to judge an adventure game by the standards of a typical zombie game. Yes, third person action games... and FPS with zombies have combat, blood... and all that.
    But that's not what an adventure game is about. It's about telling a compelling story. And Telltale can do that awesomely.

15. ThatDelirium

ThatDelirium Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon HD5850 1GB
    No blood and no combat does not make for a kiddy game or kiddy movie or whatever.

And you are remembering Jurassic Park wrong, as Damien said, there was barely any of that, very few dinosaurs died either, mostly just those raptors at the end of the movie, and earlier on that goat the t-rex ate (well, that's no dinosaur, but whatever), the movie was very tame other than those and the arm, maybe the scene at the beginning of the movie with the raptor, I don't remember that that well. Either way, it didn't feature oodles of blood and neither did the sequels (in spite of the second one having a high death count, but that was mostly a field will raptors, you never actually saw any graphic details).

16. blesner

blesner Guest

GPU:
    MSI Nvidia GTX 690
  17. blesner

blesner Guest

GPU:
    MSI Nvidia GTX 690
  18. AbjectBlitz

AbjectBlitz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R390 1200/1720
    Not even an action game, iirc just some crapy point and click bs.

19. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    Looking forwad to this.

20. blesner

blesner Guest

GPU:
    MSI Nvidia GTX 690