wireless keyboard lag

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by SentinelAeon, May 1, 2017.

1. SentinelAeon

SentinelAeon Guest

GPU:
    7950 HD
    Hi,

I have Logitech K270 wifi keyboard. Otherwise i am happy with it but occasionaly i have problem with key response. This mostly happens on facebook and gmail chat, sometimes also when i am doing google search and very rarely when playing games. It means when i press a button nothing happens, then a few seconds later the same letter is displayed many times. It seems as if the signal isnt reaching its target. I do have some wiress between keyboard and usb dongle, since dongle is on the back of computer. Distance is about 0.6m (24 inches). Batteries are not new but should be ok. It always seems to be happening when browser is busy, for instance when that facebook is doing god knows what that is lagging my not so weak system.
    I was wondering what would be the solution ? The obvious idea is to connect that dongle to usb extender and get it closer to keyboard, even though it should work at such small distance. Any other solutions and more importantly reasons why this is happening ?

2. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    I have that same model and seen the same issue. On my PC, the right side USB ports will give me best results where I can use the keyboard even from across the room but left side will barely cover my table. Increasing the distance of the case from the wall also can help. All my peripherals except my speakers are wireless so I have to deal with that too.

It's wireless so it ultimately depends on your working area. USB extension cables are a great idea too. Can't go wrong. You can also just plug it in the front ports of your case if you have them. The adapter is incredibly tiny as it is.

3. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4070 ti TUF
    Some kind of interference maybe? I use a K400 for my Shield and never really notice any lag while typing or flipping menus.

I would strongly advice against using wireless for gaming though.

But yeah, try swapping receiver to front of case if you can.