Need some advice with mining, btc etc

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Deleted member 268800, May 10, 2017.

1. Hello everyone as the title says: I need some help, I wanted to start a bussines, to make some money, because of my situation here in Venezuela, I have support from a couple of friends, but we don't know anything about whats the best way to mining or make btc or Ethereum, also what are the most efficient way?? reliable way? as you know Venezuela is like the most cheap country in Electricity

So i was seeing that people make between 13-20$ on daily with Ethereum, by buying things like:

a frame, a thing of iron, to put over the top, like 6 gpu rx 480 8 gigabytes
    like 2 power supply of 850 plus+

Also i saw people use something like ASYC instead or gpu o.o i´m so lost

ANother thing is most poeple that make 6gpu spend around on a build 2300-2500$ and they recovered it in 3-4 months, so help plz :(

2. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    You won't make a penny with GPU ETH bitcoin etc mining anymore.

ASIC are devices with sole purpose of mining.
    Much more efficient and multitudes faster than GPU/CPU mining.

Expect to pay several hundred USD minimum for a decent one.

Is it profitable? IDK, research it, there's plenty of information out there on the net.

3. Oh sorry bro i didn't see your reply here, but i have a friend which have 8 gpu rx 480 and rx 580, hes mining with their GPU, in Nicehash hes doing like 200$ per week, he modified bios to reduce power wattage and save some money

The thing is here in Venezuela electricity is super cheap, like you pay 0.80 cents to 1.40$ a month, by consuming bewteen 800-1000 Kw/h

Now im trying to get by a friend a gtx 1060 6 Gigas to try Nicehash, i need some money need a balance in my life, but yeah gpu mining is expensive

And that async is not that good, those hardware setups seems to get damage easily and it not worth the money also consume more wattage

4. jura11

jura11 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3090 NvLink

Hi there

I can say from personal experience with ETH mining and Nicehash mining, ETH is profitable but you really want have few GPU, Nicehash is bit better done that for few days and after 8 days of mining(I mined only 2-5 hours per day) I made £45,for electricity I don't pay as I'm living in property which my landlord pays for electricity

Usually with 3*GPU I'm getting 160-170MH and profitability is $24-$28USD per day in Nicehash

ASIC miners are great but they're noisy and no very home user friendly, regarding the profitability with ASIC, you are alone and most of the altcoin are not supported or won't support ASIC miners

This should help as profitability calculator

https://www.nicehash.com/?p=calc

Hope this helps

Thanks, Jura

5. jura11

jura11 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3090 NvLink

Hi there

Really depends on budget and what are you planning to do so, as I posted above I have tried Nicehash just for few hours per night as temps during the day are just crazy in 30's over here

I would probably go with GTX1060 or GTX1070 these cards do have very reasonable consumption and AMD sadly are now priced very high because mining

ASIC I wouldn't choose as they're noisy and profitability is still somewhat strange

This should help you to decide which card is best

https://www.nicehash.com/?p=calc

Hope this helps

Thanks, Jura

6. Wow thats great 24-28$ per day in Nice hash with 3 gpu? just 2 or 5 hours?

Do you think if put my gtx 1060 6 gigas in nicehash, like 12 minidght to 8 am, i can make at least i dont know 10$ or 12$?

Without any overclocking just my only GPU GTX 1060 EVGA 6 gigas?
    Also i do have a GTX 580 1.5 Gigas :D
    Please enlightme

7. jura11

jura11 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3090 NvLink
    Hi there

Yes with Nicehash and Lyra2REv2 script I'm getting this payouts but I don't do 24 hours mining only as max 5 hours per night as I going sleep very late and usually around 9-10pm I'm starting Nicehash and finishing around 2-3pm depending on few factors

But my GPUs are 2* GTX1080 and GTX1080Ti and this hashrate is not bad but still GPU are running at 1.0v and 1911-1922MHz as max and temps are very nice

GTX1060 6GB they should do around 22MH and per day I think profitability per day is pretty low, you want more GPU than one to mine

GTX580 are not bad GPU but pretty useless in mining as they're very slow there, older AMD GPUs are bit better

Hope this helps

Thanks, Jura

8. VMBeast

VMBeast Guest

GPU:
    ati radeo 6450 1gb ddr3
    £45 a day/week/month?

9. jura11

jura11 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3090 NvLink
    Hi there

As I said, I made £45 per 8 days period and I mined only 2-5 hours per day during this period

Hope this helps

Thanks, Jura

10. D3M1G0D

D3M1G0D Guest

GPU:
    2 x GeForce 1080 Ti
    I currently do ETH mining with a GTX 1060 (19 Mh/s), 2 GTX 1080s (21 Mh/s each) and a RX 580 (24 Mh/s) for a combined total of 85 Mh/s. According to nanopool, I'm making about $13 a day, or about $91 a week, if I mine full time (that doesn't include electricity costs though - fortunately, electricity is part of my maintenance fee, which is a flat fee). I shut down one of the GPUs for gaming though so it's a bit less, depending on how much I game (probably $11 a day).

I'm hoping to replace the GTX 1060 with another RX 580 soon, since it's only a 3 GB card and doesn't have much mining life left (a few more DAG epochs and it'll be toast). I'd also like to use AMD cards over the 1080s, since they are terrible at mining, but I have to make do with what I have.

With 6 RX 470s you should get about 144 Mh/s, which should be good for about $21 a day if you mine full time. You can also get similar results from 1060s if you optimize properly (they can go up to 22 Mh/s with the right settings). If you're not sure about mining then try doing a test run. Set up an account using Ethereum Wallet and use Claymore's miner to mine in nanopool, and see what numbers you get.

11. I have a friend that is doing 8 gpu rx 480 and rx 580 mixed he made 200$ by week, and yeah he puts that on 24/7 because here in Venezuela

We barely pay in dollars like 0.80$ to 1.50$ with 800-850 KW/h a month

Our salary stands in bolivares 200.000. so thats around 20-25$ a month

1 american dollar here is equals to 8.200 x.x so fck expensive and we dont get paid in dollars..

One pound of ham= 6-7 $......

so the electricity is cheaperrrrrrr because in bolivares but anyway so my friend Jura11
    i know that this GTX 1060 6GB can be overclocked to 2100 Core clock, and the memory itself up to 9000, so maybe i can get 24/7, or MHASH per day around 25-27?
    which is less than 85 mhash, and thats like 5-6$ by running 24 hours daily i guess :/

12. D3M1G0D

D3M1G0D Guest

GPU:
    2 x GeForce 1080 Ti
    I overclocked the memory on my 1060 to 9400 and I get about 23.2 Mh/s, so with 9000 you should be able to get about 22 Mh/s. That's about $20 a week. If a regular salary is $25 a month where you live then mining would be a pretty sweet deal.

If power consumption isn't much of an issue then you can feel free to go wild with overclocking. Hell, even a GTX 1080 can do 26 Mh/s if you overclock the memory by 1000 Mhz. Memory speeds matter the most to Ethereum mining - core speeds not so much (just make sure you set a power limit which will allow stable core speeds).

13. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    ...meh

Last edited: Jun 25, 2017